Spotify is playing random music, why?

Re: Spotify is playing random music, why?

HristoKirov
Casual Listener

It was like that for me too, and not for playlist, but for an album.

It's a really stupid "feature" if it is a feature. I have nothing against hearing similar songs right after i have finished an album, so i don't have to manually start something new. but when i have finished that album 3 days ago and i want to listen to it again, and I press play on this specific album it is RETARDED to start playing completely different songs. then we have a problem.

i went to web player on my PC and manually had to start the first song of that album to "restart" it. 

I'm still listening on the web player, i have no idea if that "fix" will consist once i return to listening on my phone.

1 person liked this

Gina52561
Casual Listener

I was having this problem and just figured out why. Even though my playlist has a lot of songs AND autoplay is OFF, it was still happening. Finally I realized that many of my songs were "local files." They had an arrow next to them in my laptop playlist.  None of the local files were showing up on the playlist on my phone (although, as an aside, I do have them locally on my phone).  However, I deleted each local file on my playlist and replaced it with a Spotify version of the song. That finally fixed it. Now the songs appear on my phone's playlist and Spotify is no longer adding songs.

1 person liked this

joelsmith00
Casual Listener

Found a reply from one of the Spotify techs: If [you are using the free service], you will get suggested tracks injected into your playlist if it contains less than 12 artists.

HristoKirov
Casual Listener

12 artists... one of my playlist has like 600 songs with only 5-6 artists :D i add the whole discography of my favorite bands. if i add 12 artist the playlist will be like 1500 songs :D

Highlighted

Hey folks,

If you're experiencing the issue which @joeyboy originally posted about, then it is possible that you might have some songs which are in your play queue.

As @natebro909 suggested, try clearing everything in your queue.

You can do so by clicking on the queue button queue.PNG, which you'll find at the bottom right of the Now Playing View (on mobile) or the app window (on desktop).

It might also be worth checking to see if Shuffle or Autoplay (in Settings) are switched on, since this might be affecting the songs that appear next.

If you've tried the above and you're still seeing unfamiliar songs being played, we suggest you check out this article here and follow the suggested steps.

Hope that helps!

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers
SUGGESTED POSTS