Spotify is playing random music, why?

15 people liked this

Spotify is playing random music, why?

joeyboy
Casual Listener

Hello spotify

I have this issue. I pick a playlist and start a song. Next song is not the next or any of the songs on my playlist. It starts playing random numbers, like B.B. King and stuff. Am i stuck to another playlist or wtf is happening?

I'm getting really freaked out. I even have premium, and doesn't seem to be able to cancel it either.

I've mailed the customer service, but no reply.

Please, help me out there. I use to love spotify. But youtube is nearly taking over, if i'm not getting any help with any problems.

Best regards

Joeyboy

64 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: Spotify is playing random music, why?

krikelin
Community Legend

Might be a localhost problem since apps can control Spotify via a http pipeline to Spotify.... But weird is it.

2 people liked this

joeyboy
Casual Listener

Well there is no apps installed as far as i know. And the wierd thing is the localhost have just got the problem recently

2 people liked this

Re: Spotify is playing random music, why? +1

collivier
Music Fan

hello

I get the same problem on my laptop this evening

I checked my preferences, and no random mode selected

I deconnected and reconnected, but it didn't solve the problem..

please fix this bug!

windows, spotify premium

7 people liked this

mrs-c

Since I upgraded to premium, I am having the same issue. First song on list plays and the next is a random song in the library. It happens every single time.

Brolee83
Casual Listener
Hi. I have a premium account too. I am new to spotify and I have the same problem. It is always random. Please help.

collivier
Music Fan

@krikelin wrote:

Might be a localhost problem since apps can control Spotify via a http pipeline to Spotify.... But weird is it.

hello

3 localhost problems ...,  is it still local?

spotify team, please, can you help?

15 people liked this

licenced
Community Legend
When you say random, is it stuff you might have listened to or added to a queue in the past?

There's a chance it's playing the Queue, which is not cleared between sessions. When you double click on a track in the window Spotify will play that, but then go on to play whatever is next in the Queue, and the rest of the Queue, before carrying on with track 2 and the rest of whatever you clicked in the first place.

To check your queue click on the Queue option at the top of the left-hand pane in the Spotify window - any tracks there in yellow are Queued and therefore take precedence. Highlight these and delete them.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
4 people liked this

Brolee83
Casual Listener
I use this on my iPhone I don't see the queue but when I clicked in now playing then i I noticed that shuffle is highlited in green. This sorted my problem. I think this shuffle is in the wrong place however I know know it is there. Thanks for all the help. Ps sort a deal with pink ffloyd. Apart from that great value.
4 people liked this

Stany70
Roadie

I think you're right about the play queue being one possible cause for the playing of random tracks as it has happened to me on numerous occasions until I remember that the random tracks are unplayed tracks within my previous play queue. This bug or quirk is also affecting the new radio function within the iphone app. If there are unplayed tracks from a previous play queue and you start playing a track within a radio station, the first track plays ok, but then it reverts to the play queue tracks. The only way that you can clear the play queue so that the radio stations play correctly is to completely shut down the app and then re-open it which seems to delete the play queue. There needs to be a way of editing the play queue from within the app and the ability to delete individual tracks, delete the entire queue or re-arrange tracks etc. Maybe this functionality could be added to the next update?

SUGGESTED POSTS