Spotify is playing random music, why?

Re: Spotify is playing random music, why?

djdavidjstin

Had the same issue, Spotify was loaded on my phone and acting weird, Closed the App on phone and all is working as it should now. 

Hope this helps. 

Benja81
Casual Listener

Thank you!! This worked for me, what a nightmare. Mine was stuck playing "100 kids favorites", wow those songs were the worst, even for kids. My daughter is 9 and she was more upset than I was that they wouldn't stop playing. Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Terran2121
Casual Listener
Just reinstall Spotify, then it worked for me

Mayosauc
Casual Listener
It's probably a local host problem.

BlazeWolfEagle

Turns out after the new update a couple weeks ago, shuffle is on by default. Seems kind of wierd that it would be, but with the new updates recently it seems like Spotify is trying to take choice of songs more into their own hands and not the users with stuff like artist radios and daily mixes. Dont get me wrong, these features are great, but they seem to be veering away from letting people just listen to a certain order of songs that they designed

Genuis

obiehakerman
Casual Listener

Cheers man, I've been stuck with this problem for two weeks since I hosted a party. Alot of stuff got queued that night. Just had a look through it and my way to get past the maybe 200 songs or so was just to spam next track. I did try skipping through the queue list yet that only picked that song then continued on with the queue. Short hand cheers for that.

CeGonzalez
I've signed for premium trial and while playing songs I chose, it slipped a random song I don't even know. I wasn't close to even read who was singing. Then checking my "played songs", the intruder was not there. Really strange. If this gets to repeat it will influence a lot in my decision to keep the premium or not.
1 person liked this

mmuniz2905
I found a solution!!!
In your Spotify Settings (gear icon), go to Playback, then scroll down and deselect Autoplay. I hope this works for y'all. I definitely understand the frustration.

Nanna9
In settings > playback, you need to turn the "autoplay" OFF. Idk if it works for eveyone, but it worked for me and I had the same problem :)

Re: Spotify is playing random music, why? +1

Sjlashley
Ha ! I just figured it out! Tap on the song that's playing, in the top right-hand corner they'll be a number of how many songs are in the que, tap on that and it will show you all of the random songs that are gonna play next select them and remove them.
SUGGESTED POSTS