Spotify is playing random music, why?

Re: Spotify is playing random music, why?

anonymous105
Not sure if anyone is having the same issue that I was, but I would search a song and instead of playing the queue list, it would
start a song radio station without telling me. I finally figured out how to turn it off.... go to playback and at the bottom of it turn off auto play! This will stop it from "playing similar tracks" when your song ends, and just play the queue!!

Jg83993721
In the settings, go to playback
When you're in playback, turn off the Auto play option. Maybe that'll fix it.

natebro909

There are mulitple solutions to this problem!

What may work for you is to go into queued songs on the bottom right or if you are in the iPhone version the top right corner while viewing the currently playing song, and clear/delete everything in the queue. You will return to playing all the songs in your playlist like normal.

-Confused but fixed it

ALSO

Go to prefrences(settings) and turn off the setting that says "Autoplay similar songs when your music ends."

ALSO

bschwinn said that this worked for him but I couldnt find how to do this- maybe it was an older version but just in case here's what he said: 

"Random play seems to be attached to a playlist which is fine, but the problem is as follows.  Nowhere on the playlist screen (the main one which lists the songs) is it indicated that the playlist is stuck in random mode.  In order to see that detail, you need to click the album icon of the currently playing track to see and shut off random mode."

Ooklay20
I am an iPod user. I don't have Premium, but I am having the same problem. Also, I can't see the queue or whatever it is, and when I tap on the album, there is no "random mode".

alisonhmathers8

I have that same problem. I am on Ipad.

samurising
That's because freeloaders put only one music in their playlist to play specific song. To prevent this exploit spotify plays randon similar songs. Cant really complain cuz you guys are using this service for free

cobez

This happens when you press the Shuffle Play button at the top of the playlist. If you first select a song in your playlist, then go into the play screen (with the skip, pause, shuffle and repeat icons) and press the shuffle symbol there this will shuffle the songs you have in your playlist without playing random songs from elsewhere. 

Maddison
Music Fan

I have the same problem, but none of the solutions apply.  Example: I have one large playlist of mixed music.  When I play it, either by shuffle play or by selecting a song, it wil play (1) song and then goes to another playlists' song (Including ones I haven't played in ages, so no reason they would be in queue if that were the solution).  So, then to test my theory I went to that playlist and hit shuffle and it played it just fine.

So, there must be something about that list that is different than the others?  So, hints? 

SpookySkeleton

Okay so i have the same problem and when i go into settings to turn off "play simialar songs" and it won't let me turn it off.

@natebro909 wrote:

There are mulitple solutions to this problem!

What may work for you is to go into queued songs on the bottom right or if you are in the iPhone version the top right corner while viewing the currently playing song, and clear/delete everything in the queue. You will return to playing all the songs in your playlist like normal.

-Confused but fixed it

ALSO

Go to prefrences(settings) and turn off the setting that says "Autoplay similar songs when your music ends."

ALSO

@bschwinn said that this worked for him but I couldnt find how to do this- maybe it was an older version but just in case here's what he said: 

"Random play seems to be attached to a playlist which is fine, but the problem is as follows.  Nowhere on the playlist screen (the main one which lists the songs) is it indicated that the playlist is stuck in random mode.  In order to see that detail, you need to click the album icon of the currently playing track to see and shut off random mode."

Imnotarobot1

I WENT INTO SETTINGS AND PUT SPOTIFY TO OFFLINE.....NOW IT ONLY PLAYS MY LIST....

SUGGESTED POSTS