Spotify is playing random music, why?

Re: Spotify is playing random music, why?

sid77

DIsable the shuffle option!

Maddison
Music Fan

Thank you for that thought.  It seems to be a confusion between when I have been playing from my IPhone, that when I revert to my Ipad and select a different playlist, the iPhone overtakes it with whatever I was playing on it.   That is, I get one song from the selected iPad list, then it reverts to the last played playlist on IPhone.    

There is a solution, but I keep forgetting what it is and I recall it was cumbersome.   

Re: Spotify is playing random songs on my playlist

Alyshataylor22
  • I don’t have Spotify premium but whenever I play my playlists or and artists album trying to listen to THEIR music I get someone else’s or a random song? I’ve tried to use the tips I’ve seen but none of them work

Sebasarre
Casual Listener

I have use for.2 years spotify premium, but 2 weeks agonit started to have several issues... first a guy apperead in my shared devices and I couldnt take him out and spotify randomly start playing his music. Now I start listening to my music and randomly plays 20 sec and then it jump to another or it jumps to albuns that I do kot have or like. Also randomly music is off and then it start playing music....

Sadly if this continues I will gonto another plataform that works as it should, I can not be drivi g in my car and correcting spotify issues.

Spotify_User8

Hi, I use normal Spotify and don’t have premium. Does this mean I can’t stop random tracks playing that aren’t in my playlist?

I have tried everything you have said but nowhere does it say remove songs from queue. I believe the other solutions you have mentioned only come with premium. Can anyone help?

Maddison
Music Fan
I also have premium. I like everything about it except this flaw. The solution is quite simple: Provide a pop up - play from playlist or play from Queue. Or a clear queue option. Currently, if you select a play list you will get one song and then it reverts to queue.
1 person liked this

profcomrich
Casual Listener

Lordy this is frustrating, same problem.  It plays one song each time I play anything from a playlist, then immediately jumps to playlist radio instead of the next song.  Basically, I can't play any playlists.

Have restarted Spotify, no shuffle, no repeat, no play radio when playlist ends in preferences, windows 10 and premium Spotify.

What in the holy **bleep** is going on here? How on earth has this been an intermittent problem for like 6 years now...?

obiehakerman
Casual Listener

I had a different issue with mine as spotify had somehow populated my queue with songs that certainly were not mine and i know no one else had access to my account. I couldnt find anything to fix it for some time and began to think it may have been due to the fact that i was on a family account as the sort of music playing was what my little brother would tend to listen to. I found the only way i could get rid of it was by letting the queue play hoping it would just play until it was empty. That worked for me however you seem to be talking about it switching to radio, is that radio based on your playlists at all? 

Narankiwi
Composer

Be sure you are disabling shuffle option inside of your profile settings, not the suffle button in the player.

SUGGESTED POSTS