Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is unable to charge me for another month of Premium

Spotify is unable to charge me for another month of Premium

I have tried several times to pay for another month of Spotify Premium but I keep getting the message that Spotify is unable to withdraw funds from my account. My card is not expired, I have enough funds on my account and there was no problem when I paid for the first month. Now I suddenly have Spotify free and can't listen to any music with my mobile. What should I do?

16 Replies

I have the same problem. Bank says everything is okay on their side.

Sluiba - I can see the payment is being refused, but I can't see why. Which is a pain. Please take a look at our payments section here: https://www.spotify.com/help/faq/payment/

Mazesc - Could you check out that link too?

If you're both still having trouble, please contact our payments team. They'll be able to help you through. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'. They'll get back to you as soon as possible.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

iam having the same problem, i have logged in and out 120 times , updated my sup info, changed Pws etc ..nothing works. 

everything is in order , apart from the fact that i cant sup for another month Smiley Frustrated

anyone ?!

Oerone - Have you checked the payments FAQ page that I mentioned above? If you're still having trouble, Customer Support really are the best guys to talk to. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'. They'll get back to you as soon as they can.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

yeah ive done it all and just got a mail from Support telling me to to it all another time

Seems like in my case there's something wrong with my credit card in general and not just with the Spotify subscription.

Oerone - We can't do too much here on the Community, so it's best if you keep chatting to Support. They'll get you there.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I got the same message as oerone, didn't help me much...

Hi Sluiba - Have you checked the Payment FAQ Sam recommended? Please be sure your card meets all of these requirements. Making sure your card is enabled for e-commerce transactions and foreign purchases is key.

Once you've verified that with you bank, give it another go from your subscription page.

could you be so kind to tell me what to do when  mail support department is pointing me in the same direction as the mod here on the forum are.

This is Moment 22,ive payed for this and ready to pay another month but iam not getting any help what so ever !

Hi oerone - As Sam mentions earlier, we can see that your payment is being refused, but not specifically why. 

If you've double checked those details with your bank, the next thing I'd recommend is opening a PayPal account. A few users have been able to successfully pay when going through their PayPal instead.

If you're still unable to go through PayPal please give it a try using another credit card. 

yeah PAYPAL or another card is next step i agree , but its just wierd that you cant sup now but i could last month - Right ?

I've got this same advice about 3 times now but yes, I have looked at the FAQ page, and I've done everything according to the list several times - it's not working. 

Hi sluiba - Have you tried to make the payment via a PayPal account? I recommend giving that a go if you haven't tried already.

If that's still not going through via PayPal you'll need to try an alternative payment method. 

I do use my paypal account and if things aren't working with paypal - there must be something wrong with the card or with the bank or such.

** Using PayPal account to pay for Spotify ** never had any trouble.

My 2 cents.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Suggested posts