Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keep pausing

Spotify keep pausing

I have had the most frustrating experience for some times where spotify ll keep pausing and telling me it's being used by someone else.

I have tried to log off everywhere with the account wich, by the way, is completly not ergonomic since it happens a lot during my commut to work...

I'm at a point i'm considering cancelling my subscription and going to an other streaming service (and i'm here since the beginning of spotify) if i don't find a solution to this. I mean music playing shouldnt be something to fight with, we have enough in life...

For information, i live in france and i use it on my computer and smartphone (one plus 3T) only.

Does anyone have some sort of solution ?

3 Replies

Dear misterkui,

Scroll down for solution (unless you want to read my very long introduction and relation to this topic).

I'm currently not suppose to be procrastinating at the moment but this frustration of yours has kept me from escaping the virtual world; the internet. Please mind my dramatic intro...

Anyways, yes, this is a frustrating issue though I had a simialr experience. Instead of continously pausing, and Spotify seemingly to be "controlled" by someone, I had to endure the constant playing of Spotify (where my music will start playing around 25-35 seconds after it was paused). 

My solution?

Fresh reinstall of Spotify by first uninstalling (if you are on Windows uninstall the Windows Store Spotify by going to > Settings > Uninstall Apps and Programs > Search: "Spotify" > Click and uninstall.

Then reinstall via Spotify (click on this) and make sure you cancel the download that pops up to Windows Store.

Ty for your reply and sorry if i'm dramatic but this had been on and off for some times and when it happens it's like fighting with the software.

I did the reinstallation but i already tried that mouth ago. I'll see if it's any better.

What i don't understand is why sometimes it works and some other times, it ll just keep pausing. 

Do you use a headphone? Once it happened to me and then I found out that the plug that connects the headphone with the cell phone was damaged. If you're using a headphone, try use another one and see if the problem continues.

Suggested posts