Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps connecting to a Chrome web player

Solved!

Spotify keeps connecting to a Chrome web player

Plan

Free

Country

Netherlands

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So when I am listening to spotify it changes after a few songs from song and connects to a chrome webplayer, I thought it was hacked so I:

1. tried to reset my password.
2. reset the password of my facebook account.
3. and disconnected from all devices and logged back in.

So i don't think that my account is hacked. (and why would some try to hack a free account)

None of this helped, the only thing that helped was using my spotify in a private session.

If you have any ideas for this problem instead of switching to private please hit me up 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @TheHypedPotato

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

Quick question, 

Is your Facebook profile linked to your Spotify account?

If so please reset your Facebook password and log out everywhere through you Facebook settings page and see if it had done the trick.

If this doesn't help, check this KB article about account takeovers and follow the steps to reach out to Spotify support.

Note: There might be some steps you already took on this article so feel free to skip them.

Waiting on your update 😃

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @TheHypedPotato

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

Quick question, 

Is your Facebook profile linked to your Spotify account?

If so please reset your Facebook password and log out everywhere through you Facebook settings page and see if it had done the trick.

If this doesn't help, check this KB article about account takeovers and follow the steps to reach out to Spotify support.

Note: There might be some steps you already took on this article so feel free to skip them.

Waiting on your update 😃

Hi guys, I have the same problem. From 2 weeks my spotify account plays on a Web Player (Chrome) always the same song, and I can't change it. If I play a different song, immidiatly it switch on the hacked song.

I tried to change my facebook password, quit all the logins of Facebook and Spotify but I've still the problem. Mine is a premium account, have I to switch to a free one?

Thank you for the advices.

Suggested posts