Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps deleting downloaded albums

Spotify keeps deleting downloaded albums

I pay for premium which means that we have the ability to download music and listen to it off-line. But over the past two years or more Spotify has either been logging me out or completely deleting all the albums that I’ve downloaded onto my phone. So now I’m either digging into Spotify to re-locate all the albums I want or I just have to sit down and download everything all again. Not only is it annoying but if the whole purpose (or a large purpose) of paying for the premium subscription is to be able to download music and it’s not working then maybe it’s not worth it at all. 

Two years is a long time to have a problem and I understand that issues take time to resolve. At first I didn’t say anything because It seemed that it was a bug that would get fixed but right now it’s still broken.

I’ve read your post on what to do if you’re not getting all of your premium privileges and I know for certain the payments are going in on time and they’re not being rejected and I only have one Spotify account so there’s no way I could be logged into anything else. I have also tried logging in and logging on manually on my own many times and the problem still persists. 

Is there any answer to this? Thank you. 

1 Reply

Hello @PicklesTheCow!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. I'll try to help you out.

Can you let me know which device this is happening on? Are you able to download songs in other devices? Also, I'd recommend making sure you have the latest version of Spotify by having a clean reinstall of the app. Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts.

In case the clean reinstall doesn't do the trick for you, try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

I'd also recommend checking out this Support article for more help with your downloads.

Hope this helps and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts