Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps opening at log in on my mac. How can I stop this?

Spotify keeps opening at log in on my mac. How can I stop this?

I am running MacOS Catalina

I have not set Spotify to open at log in. However, it always opens at log in. This is driving me mad. How can I stop this behaviour?

3 Replies

Hey @TeimoshiJK, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps and then try disabling this again to see if that fixes the issue?

Keep me posted. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

YEs, it seems to be behaving now. When it first opened there was a dialogue saying it opened automatically, but it was minimised. Then it asked if I didn't want it to open at login at all, and I clicked that.

In fact opening as minimised wouldn't be so bad. Is there any way to get that back?

Just FYI, the instructions to uninstall were a bit weird.

1) There was no mention of actually trashing the app from the applications folder

2) Steps 7 and 8 just take you back to the same folder as in number 6. They are pointless instructions, unless I'm missing something.

3) Searching for spotify and deleting the resulting list is rather dangerous, because it would delete any file that has the string 'spotify' in it. I think it should be any file whose name matches spotify (ie any file with a name containing the string <spotify>

Hey @TeimoshiJK

I'm happy to hear everything's back on track! 
I'm afraid this feature isn't possible at the moment, but I could see how this can be useful. You can always create a new Idea about this here, and I'll also pass your feedback on to the right folks.

Thanks for sharing the steps of how you've reinstalled and fixed the issue.

I'll be here if you need anything else! Happy New Year!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts