Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps pausing because my account is being used elsewhere even after forced log out

Solved!

Spotify keeps pausing because my account is being used elsewhere even after forced log out

Hi,

My Spotify keeps pausing and telling me that my account is being used somwhere else, but I've used the log out on all devices button in my account setting twice now. 

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Try signing out everywhere and then reinstall the desktop app. That may do the trick. If not, post back here. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hmm...web based, app, or computer download?

Desktop application for mac, it stopped for a bit but has just done it again now.

Marked as solution

Try signing out everywhere and then reinstall the desktop app. That may do the trick. If not, post back here. 

I have Spotify on both a Smart TV and a Roku TV as well as my PC and an Android cell phone.  I too am getting the message on the two TVs that my account is being used elsewhere.  I have signed out  and deleted and reinstalled the app but still not working.  However I am able to access and play it on my Android as well as PC no problem.

One thing I did just before this (fooling around) was to share a playlist via SMS message.  Could that be locking it up?  Or anyother ideas??

Having same problem. Logged out everywhere else, but Roku still says logged on elsewhere. 

I hope SPOTIFY resolves this issue.

I have signed out everywhere. Deleted and reinstalled the app. The app STILL pauses on both my phone and my laptop after reinstall and resign-in.  Is this a bug??? Please fix this. 

And then when I try to report an error I get this message:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  •  
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Hi there @eleanorlucille,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that this is happening to you.

We'd recommend running through all the steps in this Support article, including changing your password and your email as well.

Let us know if the issue continues after that.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts