Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps redownloading my songs everyday

Spotify keeps redownloading my songs everyday

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Samsung Galaxy J7 Max

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Everyday Spotify redownloads my already downloaded songs. I can't listen to my downloaded songs offline for more than a day because the songs become automatically unavailable after being offline for more than one day.

11 Replies

Did you try disable the playlist's download feature and redownload the Spotify app?

Yes I tried to redownload the songs manually also but it didn't change anything. I have also tried reinstalling to app but it did not work.

Hi, 

Try refreshing your offline devices and reinstalling your app after. 

Okay try to change your downloaded songs' quality on the Settings. I mean songs' kbps quality.

It has always been set to normal

Select other quality sections. My songs deleted automatically before because of this setting.

I will set it to high quality and see if there's any change

Unfortunately the problem still persists. Do you maybe have any other solution in mind?

Sorry i don't 😕

I was facing issues with this for a month now. Also, this is just specific to "Samsung Devices".

You can check if the "Auto Delete Unnecessary Data" option is "ON" in your case. I was randomly checking the phone and found that Samsung deletes my cache, log files and un-necessary files at midnight (EVERY NIGHT) which is the reason why my Spotify downloads the song EVERY NIGHT!

I turned it OFF and BOOM. No more re-downloads!

I hope this solves your problem.

9759fcec-dc40-4abc-bdc5-319f20929274.jpg

Hey @Dexu5,

Thanks for jumping in here with the solution that worked out for you!

If anyone continues to have this issue, these steps might help: 

1. Click on Remove All Devices here.

2. Do a clean reinstall. Note: After reinstalling, you will have to download your music for offline listening again.

3. Make sure Spotify is set as an exception for any cache clearing and battery optimization apps on your device.

After that you should have no issues with your downloaded songs. 

Let us know if this helped 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts