Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps telling me to add payment method but I already have done so

Spotify keeps telling me to add payment method but I already have done so

So I have the Student plan for my Spotofy Premium for the next 12 months (ends in 22) and for the past 2 days I keep getting a red bar notification on my homepage that says 'Payment can't  be processed, update payment method'. But when I check via web, I'm  still on the plan and my payment method is there and functional.  I even clicked on the 'add payment method oprion'to maybe re-add my bank account, but it only gives me one 

Plan

Student-Premium

Country

Pakistan 

Device

Samsung A80

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

So I have the Student plan for my Spotofy Premium for the next 12 months (ends in 22) and for the past 2 days I keep getting a red bar notification on my homepage that says 'Payment can't  be processed, update payment method'. But when I check via web, I'm  still on the plan and my payment method is there and functional.  I even clicked on the 'add payment method oprion'to maybe re-add my bank account, but it only gives me one option under it which is 'pay through mobile'and the only 2 available carriers don't  have the one I use. I don't  know what to do! 

3 Replies

Hi there @Misha6,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

In this case we suggest that you make sure that you don't have multiple account. You can check this article out to see what steps you can take to see if you do.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I had the same issue. Updated my payment info and then the price was higher for the family pack... I’m shocked they did this. 

Hi there @Marcela_cbm,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

You can see the prices of every Spotify subscription here. Keep in mind that Spotify doesn't charge more than what's shown there, and you can check this by taking a look at your receipts. If the prices were increased in your country, you should've received an email informing you about it a couple of months prior to the price increase.

If you were charged a higher price, it may be due to taxes or bank/card regulations, so we suggest reaching out to your bank or card/payment provider for further info about it.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts