Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify kicked my family members and won't re-admit them...

Spotify kicked my family members and won't re-admit them...

... and when I asked Spotify support they told me to open a thread here. Now isn't this just awesome customer care?

In essence, I have a Spotify account linked to my Facebook. Then I upgraded to Premium for Family. Then I added two family members (living at my same address).

Then one fine day Spotify sent me a mail telling me they couldn't verify those two family members were actually living with me, and they removed them all. Obviously, they're still charging me the Family subscription fee.

Then I re-invited those same family members to my account, but while they were accepting the invitation Spotify told them again that it cannot verify they live with me.

I'm not sure whether I have to send them my family album or an official residency permit for every member. Spotify "customer care" for its paying customers sucks and I hope you guys can find a solution for me.

14 Replies

hi im from germany, and i have the same problem. my wife and my two brother are kicked from family because they can not be sure they live on the same adress?! But they are its a 3 family house?! what should i do?!

Hey @archangelsk,

Welcome to the forums. I am sorry to hear about that. Let's see if I can point you in the right direction 🙂

Could you let me know through what means you previously contacted support...was it via the contact form?

Thanks.

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @AntiHer0,

Welcome!

Could you please check that they are set up as showing the same country that you are all living in, and also that the address is set up correctly on each account, so just I know that is all in order?

Thanks.

Robert_WRock Star 11

@DefaOne wrote:

Could you let me know through what means you previously contacted support...was it via the contact form?

Thanks.

Hello, yes that was through the contact form. Their answer arrived after less than one hour and told me:

- read the FAQ

- ask the community

- follow us on Twitter

O_O

Definitely not customer support.

@DefaOne wrote:

Could you please check that they are set up as showing the same country that you are all living in, and also that the address is set up correctly on each account, so just I know that is all in order?

Thanks.

By the way, at least my wife and I subscribed through Facebook, so there's no postal address stored inside the Spotify account.

I mean, I wish I had the possibility to add it manually, but there isn't.

Hey @archangelsk,

Thanks for getting back to me 🙂 I understand.

I had esculated this issue to a moderator, and would ask you to please contact Spotify support this way:

SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter. They usually respond within 48 hours!

They can they take a look backstage and find out what is going on. Please do come back to me and let me know how it goes, and feel free to follow me on here if it helps.

If you have any questions in the future about this or anything else please let me know 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add a Like! 

Robert_WRock Star 11

Hi all,

İ have the same problems. My wife got kicked from family yesterday. And i also checked there is no post address on my account. then i try to change my acc from premium family to premium but i couldn't manage it .it said that i can't do it right now. 

Please help me.. i don't know what to do 😞

Hey @archangelsk,

Could you confirm if you would like to stay on the family plan, or do you wish to revert to premuim? 🙂

Thanks.

Robert_WRock Star 11

@DefaOne wrote:

Hey @archangelsk,

Could you confirm if you would like to stay on the family plan, or do you wish to revert to premuim? 🙂

Thanks.

I confirm I'll stay on the family plan, but only if Spotify manages to fix these problems. 🙂

Hey @archangelsk.

Thanks for getting back to me 🙂

Could you confirm if you have had the chance to contact Spotify in the way I prevously advised?

Thanks.

Robert_WRock Star 11

Yes they did reply to me and told me they'll fix it. Now I need to invite my family members again, from my side, but they still didn't get around to accept the invitation. I'll let you know once I confirm it's been solved, thanks!

Dear Spotify Support (if this exists)

I have exactly the same problem, I want to add my son (usually with 14 you life at your parent's place) but we do get the message that Spotify cannot verify the address and therefore he cannot be added to the family account. For the my account I was also using facebook.

Intersting thing is that it worked for my wife..

Who can help here?

HI @nusser,

Welcome to the forums!

Could you send your son the invite again but this time 

let him accept the invite logged in with their own username in the app and in the website. He should make sure to type the address exactly as the Admin  (you) did, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly. Not doing so may be the cause of them to be left out.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add a Like! 

Robert_WRock Star 11

Dear Rock Star,

it is again and again the same behavior I cannot get my son to use the app with the family account. Sent the invite like three times, killed the app, reinstalled, etc. I took care that he is in our WIFI.

The only thing I can think of is that we have a **bleep** character in our cityname which I cannot even write here in the forum as it is not accepted and I do not recall (and there is no way to check it) how a wrote this when I setup the family account. Anyways, no matter how we wrote it it did not work.

Thanks,

Claus

Suggested posts