Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can’t login to Spotify kids

I can’t login to Spotify kids

I have just upgraded to family. I have downloaded Spotify kids to my children’s tablets and began logging them in. When I get to choosing the character it says “oops, something went wrong” this is happening on 2 iPads and my phone. Can someone advise?
24 Replies

Hi there @Sarah2019 ,

Thanks for reaching out. Were you able to login before that? If your account was created via Facebook, Apple, etc. you need to login in a different way, see here. If the issue persists, can you please send us some screenshots or a video of the behaviour, we'd be happy to take a look.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi! I am having the same issue as original poster. I followed the steps you linked above. I have tried to sign in both with my password, and tried the login without password option. For both methods, I get the message, "Oops! Something went wrong, try again later." I have tried several times since yesterday. This is on a new iphone 14.

Hi there @trb317,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if you're trying to log in with a username + password combination or another method? Also, can you log in as per usual with that log-in method in the regular Spotify app on your phone?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Sweden

Device

(iPhone 6+ and a OnePlus 6)

My Question or Issue

I keep getting Oops somethings gone wrong when I try to create the "characters" for my kids on our family plan. And Im at a loss why it doesnt work.

Me too, it's rubbish they upsell you a family account and then it doesn't even work

I tried that way too and it still doesnt let me make the accounts for my kids. And they dont show up under the plan either.

I am getting the exact same issue and the spotify chat advisor has not been able to solve the issue. I have tried using multiple devices, reinstalling and even following a link the advisor sent me but nothing has solved the issue.

Hey folks,

The relevant team is aware of this issue and is currently investigating it. In the meantime, (if you haven't already) try using a different internet connection/device and disable any VPN or antivirus software that is running on your device.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

I have had the family plan for a yead. A couple of months ago my daughter was no longer able to sign into the kids app on her iphone 10. It says "sorry something went wrong". I reinstalled the app and after my sign in attempts it fianally worked. A week later the app stopped letting her sign in. I downloaded the regular spotify app just to see what would happen and she was able to sign in. If I cant figure this out I'm going to cancel services

I live in Mexico, I have a Samsung Galaxy S23 ultra. Yesterday I was trying to install Spotify kids on my daughter's Xiaomi pad 6, first I tried using my username and password several times and got the something went wrong problem, then I tried to access without password several times and each time the system made me change my password which I did but still wasn't unable to log in. Then I downloaded Spotify kids on my phone and I was able to log in inmediatly, so I erased again her user from my account and tried to log in on her tablet ..... Ooops something went wrong again.... I need to solve this as soon as posible

That doesn't even work for me I have been through the reset 3 times and I still can't get in I think I'm going to end up switching to YouTube premium at this rate. 

Hi! I am having the same issue as original poster. I followed the steps on the email. I have tried to sign in both with my password, and tried the login without password option. For both methods, I get the message, "Oops! Something went wrong, try again later." I have tried several times since yesterday. Since then, i can´t create a kids account

Hey folks,

This issue was resolved shortly after my previous post, however, it seems it has resurfaced. To investigate further, can you please send us the model (most of you already did), exact OS version and exact Spotify version of the affected devices?

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

Same issue here, I'm already re-established my password and still unable to log in Spotify Kids .. any advice?

I'm on a Galaxy S22 Running UI 5.1 (Android 13)

Spotify Kids app version 1.38.0.2

When trying to log in it comes back with the message that my credentials are incorrect, I already re-established my password twice and hasn't worked for me.

The same issue is happening to us. We were able to add my son to the premium family plan but when we go to login to Spotify kids, we get continual error messages regardless of what logins we use. We have both an iPad 17.3 and iphone11 also running 17.3. Not sure why this is so difficult. It really shouldn’t be. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies.

We've had some ongoing issues with login but all should be working as expected now. Can you please try again and let us know if the issue persists?

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

Hi, I am having the same issue on my Samsung S24 and ipad. I just signed up to a family plan and very disappointed. How can this issue be resolved?

I am also having this problem on the iPhone 15. I have tried the recommended steps

Suggested posts