Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify login weird survey?

Solved!

Spotify login weird survey?

Hello!

I keep on getting this weird Spotify survey once in a while after starting my Spotify iOS app - the survey says:

‘Which of the following comes to mind first when you think about gaming?

- Argos

- Smyths

- Currys

- Game

- None of the above’

This literally happened to me some 3-4 times already. Is this a mistake (I answered these questions several times already!) or is this some kind of weird account / anti bot protection? The answers don’t makes ANY sense whatsoever...

Im on a free account right now, ads and all...

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @BlueLineMstr,

Jumping in here for @Billy-J, I see your currently on a free plan you mentioned. I recently had this - I'm UK based, don't worry you've not had your account taken over. This is part of 'market research' that Spotify does with their partners, you may have seen this on other sites! 🙂 Spotify shares this data with their partners who do Marketing through Adverts through Spotify for example. So for this example, it's asking when you think of video gaming which retailer would you go to.

It sounds like your account got stuck in a bit of a loop however glad to see that the reinstall fixed things!

Have a lovely Christmas & New Year.

/es

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @BlueLineMstr, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try a clean reinstall of the app? If you see this survey again, can you send me a screenshot of it and I'll take a look?

Thanks!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks, Billy-J!

i reinstalled the app and so far so good, no new survey prompts.

Do you by any chance know what kind of a weird thing is this survey? The question and the answers of the survey didn’t make any sense whatsoever. I’m a bit worried that my account has been hacked somehow!

Hey @BlueLineMstr

I'm not sure what the survey could be. That's why if you do receive it again, send me a screenshot so I can take a closer look at what's happening.

If you think someone's gained access to your account, check out this support article for more info and the next steps to take.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hey @BlueLineMstr,

Jumping in here for @Billy-J, I see your currently on a free plan you mentioned. I recently had this - I'm UK based, don't worry you've not had your account taken over. This is part of 'market research' that Spotify does with their partners, you may have seen this on other sites! 🙂 Spotify shares this data with their partners who do Marketing through Adverts through Spotify for example. So for this example, it's asking when you think of video gaming which retailer would you go to.

It sounds like your account got stuck in a bit of a loop however glad to see that the reinstall fixed things!

Have a lovely Christmas & New Year.

/es

Oh, I see now... Many thanks, EthanS1 for your explanation - makes total sense now!! 🙂

Suggested posts