Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify magically changed my location to US, won't let me change back to Canada

Spotify magically changed my location to US, won't let me change back to Canada

Hello,

Spotify thinks I'm traveling and has signed me out. When I registered for the account I specified that I am in Canada, I have not left Canada with this account, in fact I have not used spotify outside of my home (which is still in Canada). When I log onto my profile page the location is set to 'US' and it does not allow me to change it. The drop down menu of locations will not let me click on it to change it to Canada. All the information about changing locations shows the steps to get to the page to change it. I can get to that page, I'm just not able to actually click on the drop down menu to change it.

Please advise.

TL;DR Why won't any of my accounts let me change the country setting?

1 Reply

Hi, and welcome to the community!

What country does this page say your IP address is from?

if it says the US, try using a Canadian VPN to get it to change back, or find a way to get an IP originating from Canada.

Only if that doesn't work, I suggest you submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify can look into it for you.
If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts