Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify member but living in another country from registered country

Spotify member but living in another country from registered country

I registered as a Spotify premium member in Australia but have moved to Malaysia now. I will be living in Malaysia for 6 months.... Can I use my original username on my Malaysia phone package. I tried changing the countries (as recommended) but unfortunately the box is greyed out and won't let me select.
Please help
1 Reply

Hi. If you are a premium user and you are only living in Malasya for 6 months you shouldn't make any changes to your account. Premium user can use Spotify anywhere in the world. 

Of course you could change the country on your account but it's not necessary and it would be a worthless effort.

Travel with Spotify

From the beaches to the slopes, let Spotify be the soundtrack for your travels.

If you’re a Premium user, you can use your Spotify account as long as you like anywhere in the world that offers unrestricted internet. You can also use offline mode to enjoy your music even if your journey takes you to corners of the earth without internet (or if you’re on the plane).

If you’re a Free user, you can use Spotify in a different country to the one registered on your account for up to 14 days. After that, you’ll need to upgrade to Premium or change the country on your account.

Bon voyage!

Suggested posts