Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify needs to revise its account security policy

Spotify needs to revise its account security policy

(EDIT: After a few hours, I've managed to get my account back, the same way that it was prior to being hacked. I'd like to thank the Spotify support for their assistance in the matter)

Hello guys,

Not more than 20 minutes ago I was listening so some music (as I've always done for more than three years), here in Spotify. Then, suddenly, I was logged out. I tried to relog, but it said that my password was wrong. It could really be, so I tried to reset password, and logged into my e-mail.

And guess what? Less than ten minutes before being logged out, I received an e-mail stating that my account's e-mail has been changed. What a coincidence, right? No, because I was obviously hacked.

I've already sent an e-mail to Spotify, and I'm waiting for the reply. Meanwhile, Spotify should definitely revise its account security measures. This e-mail changing thing, for instance, should be preceded by a confirmation e-mail, don't you think?

Also, I believe I should be informed when someone tries to log in to my account, with or without being successful.

Well, that's it. I'm just leaving this here as a suggestion, and hoping that I can get my account back. Not only it had premium, but also my playlist with almost 2,000 songs in it...

2 Replies

Hi @ccg_thehacked!

We’re sorry to hear that. But don't worry, check out this guide for what to do next.

Let us know if you have other questions. 

Hello @JuanSebastian,

Thank you for the tip, but I've managed to get my account back (sorry for not updating the post :X)

Suggested posts