Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not Logging in due to Smart Lock

Spotify not Logging in due to Smart Lock

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Nexus 6P

Operating System

Android (Not sure which one)

My Question or Issue

So I had an issue earlier where when I was playing music it would take me to different songs, and I would notice that it would be playing it on a different device, not mine. Annoying, yes, creepy, to a degree. I change my Spotify password, and now I can't log back in because Smart Lock tries to auto log me in. It happened once before and I updated my password in Smart Lock, so I know how to fix it. But this time that isn't working. I tried to update the password, delete it and login again on the website, clear my passwords, clear the app data, uninstall and reinstall the app, and going offline to try and login. Nothing helped. I would really appreciate any help with this, since I just got premium. 

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that someone else might have gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

You can also try resetting your password thru the Forgot Password button.

Thanks!

Hey @Shard786.

Just to follow up on what @JBayudz said, there's a separate thread where users have provided several potential solutions to this issue - make sure to head here.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post in that thread and we'll help you out there 😉

Hope that helps!

Suggested posts