Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not asking for login credential on new iPhone?

Spotify not asking for login credential on new iPhone?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 11.4.1

My Question or Issue

Just got my new iPhone, installed my apps, launched Spotify and it works right away without asking login credentials... How is it possible? My profile is not linked to Facebook. Is Spotify storing configuration stuff in iCloud?

5 Replies

Hey @spel77, welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

I have once gotten a new iPhone, and when I opened the app, it didn’t ask me for login details. It should be all the info from your iCloud backup back on your new device. 

If you have any more questions, you can always reach back out to the community. 

Happy listening 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I'm not using iCloud backups, my device was enterily new/fresh.

Spotify did some magic to identify me without asking, looks like a privacy issue for me!

@spel77,

Thanks for the information 🙂

In this case, could you log out of the account, and then log back in to see if you are signed into the correct account? Please do keep an eye on your account, if you see anything strange and suspicious like: (songs stopping randomly, other devices connecting etc.), please do let me know, and we can proceed further.

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Everything seems normal... 

Did logout/login succesfully, no suspicious devices either.

Hey @spel77 

Although you don't have Spotify included into your iCloud storage, what happens is that Apple stores all the passwords and username into iCloud Keychain. 

I would also recommend what @Billy-J suggested and sign out and make sure that you are signed in to your account.

Happy Listening

Keanu_C

Suggested posts