Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not available in my country

Solved!

Spotify not available in my country

When I made my account I decided to get a premium account. However, since I am living in Romania, I thought my CC would be declined when creating the account. This was not the case. Skip forward to now, after a year+ of active subscription. I want to update my payment details because my CC expired. No go. The operation fails. I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that my CC is romanian, just like before.

So, spotify didn't have any problems charging me for a full year to enjoy a premium experience, but all of a sudden when I want to renew it it starts to hickup. Classy move guys. Very classy. Btw: since you're so precious about coming to Romania and are thinking about it, just so you know, Google play music opened up shop here for a while, for a smaller price and a identical service. 🙂 the cool thing is that I have to pay less for the same music, get better support and easier handling. But hey, don't come here, its full of ignorants and peasants and people that just use google services. Stay in Bulgaria ! 🙂

And before people flame, I have every right to be angry. This is no way to treat customers.

Photoshop Guru, UI Designer

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

On the contrary, I think you don't. As far as I'm concerned its not ok to enable charging for a card that should not be chargable because its not in the spotify-endorsed countries list... As for the rest, I think they are excuses. I'm a customer. I don't care about why spotify didn't think of moving here before deezer, nor shouldn't I. It's not my job to be empathic with a service provider. If you really want to do something, you find ways to do it. Oherwise, any excuse will do just fine. I understand your roles are to be supportive of spotify as fans. But mine, as a less-than-happy customer,  is to challenge them and push them in hopes that they will get better. If a business disregards the needs of the market it will be pushed out by the competition that does meet those needs in shorter time. And by the looks of it, Spotify needs new markets desparately to stay relevant in the future. It they fail to see that, they will be absorbed in a very short time.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi!

Unfortunately Spotify isn't in Romainia *yet* is because of licencing issues, and as Spotify isn't as big as a company as Google, record companies are hesitant to licence their work to a tiny company.

~Joe

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

Spotify is a huge business with a sizeable income. That excuse won't fly. Romanian and bulgarian copyright laws aren't very different. Its just an excuse. But its one I'm really tired of hearing. Plus, the one that gets into an emerging market first, or bundles with existing products, has the biggest chances of sucess. Deezer isn't half the size of Spotify and yet they came to Romania & get bundled with either Orange or Vodafone. But hey, if those potential customers are too good for spotify, I'm sure google or deezer or zonga are all that happier to have them. 🙂 

Hello so sorry you are having problems. I think what Joe is trying to get at is Licensing deals are expensive, and it might just be an issue over how the labels want licensing fees from the regions of Romanian listeners. Also Deezer gets subsidizes from France for all their costs as a French only Company, so licensing costs can be absorb with the subsidizes that Deezer gets from France to promote French businesses. To be honest the music business is just not that transparent so there is just no way to be absolutely sure why spotify is not in Romania yet and why other services are currently. Spotify can only make their service available where the labels allow the content to be available to. Would be pointless to provide the service in Romania and have a very small catalogue of access to music versus everywhere else with a much larger music catalogue, spotify would still lose customers to someone else until more music was available. Takes time to get all the labels on board with a new region each time things expand. There was time when Spotify was not even available in the U.S. I waited for over a year with using other services until it was available here in the U.S.

Sorry, I don't think youre getting the point here. Signing contracts takes time - it just so happens that Deezer & GPM have signed contracts before/quicker than Spotify. Everyone here wants Spotify to be avadible everywhere, even staff, but be patient and good things will come 🙂

I understand your frustration, but we have to face reality, we've just got to wait.

~Joe

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside
Marked as solution

On the contrary, I think you don't. As far as I'm concerned its not ok to enable charging for a card that should not be chargable because its not in the spotify-endorsed countries list... As for the rest, I think they are excuses. I'm a customer. I don't care about why spotify didn't think of moving here before deezer, nor shouldn't I. It's not my job to be empathic with a service provider. If you really want to do something, you find ways to do it. Oherwise, any excuse will do just fine. I understand your roles are to be supportive of spotify as fans. But mine, as a less-than-happy customer,  is to challenge them and push them in hopes that they will get better. If a business disregards the needs of the market it will be pushed out by the competition that does meet those needs in shorter time. And by the looks of it, Spotify needs new markets desparately to stay relevant in the future. It they fail to see that, they will be absorbed in a very short time.

you are **bleep**ing retarded.

i  agree dude. they are not in egypt. they did not even try for about 3 years 😠

Suggested posts