Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not honoring Hulu add. So disappointing customer service...

Spotify not honoring Hulu add. So disappointing customer service...

Plan: Premium

Really disappointing that Spotify is not honoring the plan I signed up for. I had Premium with Hulu. My account was changed to a more expensive Family Plan (they said it was hacked). Now my plan does not exist anymore, and the Spotify associate is refusing to give me back the plan I signed for.

I asked for an escalation as it does not seem fair that I am being penalized, and I got the anser that "even if I escalate your issue they won't be able to put it back on your account. To register to our any offers, you have to do it on your end because you have to enter your payment details. Since the registration for it was already removed on May 14th. You won't be able to get it". 

The whole point is I signed for the offer when it was active. If a hacker changed my account without my permission, I think Spotify should continue to honor the deal they offered me and we signed on. Whole experience was very disappointing...

6 Replies

Hello! @rnardelli

Do you have proof of purchase of this Spotify Premium with Hulu? If so I personally would go to Live Chat support with Spotify and say that they ripped you off and that you have the proof. You could also maybe contact Hulu and see if they could maybe give you an extension or new code to premium plan. I hope this helps!

It is mor disappointing than that! They see and do not dispute  I had it prior to the change.  But, according to the customer service person, her (and nobody at all inside Spotify) can do nothing about it. It has to be initiated by me, and as it no longer exists, I am out of luck. Truly maddening and insane!

Hey, @RNardelli 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

I've checked here, and unfortunately, there is no way to take this bundle back because it doesn't exist anymore on the Spotify system. This kind of bundle demands a partnership with the other service (Hulu in this case) and considering that the offer doesn't exist anymore, that means that there is no partnership between them to provide this offer.

Spotify is trying out new offers every time and perhaps there might be an offer, in the future, that you could be interested in...

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Hezorg,

Thank you for your response. I'll put it to bed , but I don't feel like it as solved and really have been scratching my head as to why. I understand it is not offered anymore, but everyone that had it still has it. The cancellation by Hulu  was done due to an email sent from Spotify saying my account was cancelled (email from Hulu attached, and I also called them). It could be resolved with another email...

But, as I said, I do appreciate you taking the time to respond to me.

Thank you

Hulu.png

Hey again, @RNardelli 

Thanks for getting back! 

People continue having their Hulu subscription, because, like you, they subscribed themselves for this plan. In your case, this plan on your account was canceled (regardless of the reason) after the end of the plan offer, so that's why you will not be able to reclaim your plan, unfortunately...

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is nonsense.  From the fact that people are being kicked off Hulu JUST FOR CHANGING THEIR CREDIT CARD DETAILS it is obvious that this was likely intentional on spotify's part, as they don't want to pay the fee to Hulu and are looking for any excuse whatsoever to renege on the offer.

I'd go so far as to say that the evidence is adding up to this business of "Your account was hacked to this or that and now your Hulu is gone" is actually spotify playing dirty because they are desperate to get revenues up and don't want to pay Hulu. 

There's just too many people with the same "account was hacked email" story here, and it doesn't make sense that all of the sudden there's this mass hacking of premium to family going on, and it just happens to coincide with spotify cancelling Hulu on people left and right. 

Suggested posts