Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not respecting subscription choices

Spotify not respecting subscription choices

I've had a spotify account since 2011, in 2012 I decided that I would not use this service and opted myself out of all communications. The last legit email I got was from Spotify on on 2012/07/19 and then I haven't heard anything.

To my surprise Spotify decided to send me an email on 2013-10-02 after more than a year of silence. There was no unsubscribe link, just a link to manage my subscriptions in my account.

So here's what happened: I had an unused account that was opted out of everything and Spotify decided to opt me in and make it so the only way to opt out is by retrieving password and logging on. This is clearly a scheme to get people to log back on but it is not respectful of those people's time or privacy choices.

As such I've made a request for my account to be deleted. I simply don't trust Spotify to have my information because they pull shady moves like this.

Many FUs to the spotify spam team. Thanks for wasting 5 minutes of my day, assholes.

3 Replies

I'm sorry that you feel this way about Spotify.

Is there anything you need help with?

Are you a spotify spokesman?

Please explain how you justify signing people up for newsletters from which they've opted out and what makes you think you are exempt from the 2003 CANSPAM act?

If you can't explain this don't ask silly questions. You know why I made this post.

There is always options on Spotify customer site to remove itself from "spamlist".

I don't think messages about added content is spam, at least in every message you can see link from where you can manage your email settings. There is way to disable "spam".

I know, they should be disabled by default, but this is question I can't answer, because I don't know why they keep this spam by default.

But there is option to select if you want receive all, some or nothing from Spotify.

Suggested posts