Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not updating Facebook email

Solved!

Spotify not updating Facebook email

Hi there,

I am having issues with Spotify showing the right email address from Facebook. I changed my email on Facebook 3 months ago. I made a Spotify account 1 month ago and upgraded to Premium. For some reason Spotify somehow found the email address from 3 months ago, instead of the new one from Facebook and I can't change it now.

Anything I can do on my end or does this need to be solved by support?

Thanks in advance for your help! 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Ralu3

If that's the case, you should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @Ralu3

That is likely happening because you have more than one registered address in your Facebook profile.

Go to Facebook settings, and remove any email addresses you don't use anymore. In a little while, your email should be updated automatically in your Spotify profile.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi! Thanks for the fast reply. Sadly, it's not that. That was the first thing I checked and there's only one email and has been only one for 2 months before making a Spotify account in there. I don't even understand how Spotify got to the old email tbh.

Marked as solution

@Ralu3

If that's the case, you should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star

I've been trying to get them to do this for years. Never ever works. Count the number of threads of people trying to achieve this. Spotify doesn't care.

I actually opened and did a support form and they replied instantly. You should try it 🙂

I did that 2 years ago. Indeed they reply, but they did not solve the problem: change the email address. 

Were you able to have them do that?

Suggested posts