Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not working abroad

Spotify not working abroad

I installed spotify on my Mac and I can't get it to work... it says "your country does not match the one set in your profile. To continue use, upddate your profile or upgrade your spotify accound for unlimited travel."   I'm happy to pay for the unlimited travel option as I'm usually away from US but I can't even pay as it says my Zip-code is incorrect...

Another thing is I'm having error 408 on my iPhone and I have no idea what that means... 

6 Replies

Hi there!

Welcome to the Community. You'll only be able to use your Spotify outside of the country in your account for 14 days. Any longer, and you'll get that error 408.

In order to pay for your Spotify, you'll need to pay with a US card. Is this something you can sort out?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hiya Sam!

Quick question, as a long time Swedish subscriber to Spotify premium I've never noticed problems with leaving the country for a couple of weeks. The thing is I might go to Canada for an  internhip and I'm wondering if my Spotify will stop working after a couple of weeks. It's a lot of hassle getting a vpn in Sweden (if that would even help - I'm not that hot on IT-tech) just so the music I'm paying for with my Swedish Visa card will play. Besides that would hardly help since I mostly use my phone to listen.

Solutions?

Thanks!

@f2k wrote:

Hiya Sam!

Quick question, as a long time Swedish subscriber to Spotify premium I've never noticed problems with leaving the country for a couple of weeks. The thing is I might go to Canada for an  internhip and I'm wondering if my Spotify will stop working after a couple of weeks. It's a lot of hassle getting a vpn in Sweden (if that would even help - I'm not that hot on IT-tech) just so the music I'm paying for with my Swedish Visa card will play. Besides that would hardly help since I mostly use my phone to listen.

Solutions?

Thanks!

As long as you continue to pay for Spotify Premium using your swedish card whilst you are away you can use Spotify premium abroad for as long as you like. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

well im currently abroad and i use itunes to pay for premium but this time my subscribtion ended while i was abroad and i renewed it by itunes but still havent got any reciepts and i still cant log in when i log in it says error and they still think that my sub is free please help me 

Hey Sam,
I got the same problem and can't pay for my Spotify, because I am currently in the US and I used to pay for spotify with my Brazilian card. I don't have a US card which I could use.

Hi I'm from Ireland and I use Spotify premium. I have recently moved to Qatar and now I'm also getting the error message that it doesn't work abroad after 14 days. I tried to reset my account settings to living in Qatar but It won't allow me to change it. I also wanted to change my back details to my Qatari bank and it also didn't allow this. Please help as I really need Spotify in my life!

Suggested posts