Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Twitch.tv

Solved!

Spotify on Twitch.tv

Hello

I am just about to dive into the ocean of livestreaming and have come across a few streams over at twitch.tv where the broadcasters have been using Spotify in the background. Either they'd be listening to their own playlist or they'd activly take requests by viewers. The latter is something I'd be very interested in using on my own channel.

The problem is: As far as I know using Spotify in such a manner goes against the terms of service aswell as infringing on copy righted material. Since broadcasters (partnered anyways) make money from advertisement on the stream it's not licensed under the normal fair usage model either.

As you can probably tell by the very simplified legal terms I'm not all that familiar with dealing with these sorts of matters.

My question is: Is there a way to get a "Spotify Streaming license" of some sorts? If so what would the terms be?

I appriciate any response

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

As far as I know, such a thing is not offered and if they ever did, it would be priced to only be affordable for businesses.

The video game broadcasters using Spotify are definitely breaking the terms.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

As far as I know, such a thing is not offered and if they ever did, it would be priced to only be affordable for businesses.

The video game broadcasters using Spotify are definitely breaking the terms.

That would probably be true. Tho one can dream of a solution that allows you to use Spotify for these purposes as long as you featured spotify ads and/or refferal links. After all it's a great way to market Spotify and it's music catalogue with viewers requesting songs. 

I will have to do abit more research it would seem in order to find a suitable sollution, but thank you for the quick response.

Suggested posts