NEXT STEP

Spotify on my home network takes very long to connect

Spotify on my home network takes very long to connect

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone

My Question or Issue

My Spotify on my home network takes very long to connect on the iOS app. The app loads fine, but I see "connecting..." for always at least a whole minute. Sometimes it just take so long I give up listening to music. My internet connection works very well for everything else, the problem is only with Spotify.

I noticed many people have the same kind of problems, but Spotify is doing nothing to solve the issue.

3 Replies

Hi @Cri_s,

Welcome to the community! I will do my best to help you here.

Just to confirm, are you running any other apps or programs on your phone while trying to open Spotify? In case you have not already tried it may help to perform a reinstall here:

https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/troubleshooting/reinstallation-of-spotify/

Also, can you let me know if you have previously reached out to support about this, and if so what was advised?

I'll be right here for your update 🙂

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello Robert,

Regarding your questions if I am running any other apps or programs on my phone while trying to open Spotify. My answer is yes, of course, are we supposed to close all other apps to listen to Spotify?

And concerning the question if I already tried to perform a reinstall. Yes I did tried this without success.

Lastly I haven't reached support yet about this problem..

Thank you for the prompt answers.

Hi @Cri_s,

Thank you for all that information.

Yes, it is perfectly fine to have other apps open while running Spotify. Only, sometimes in some small cases having many apps open at once can impact the speed of a phones general performance, and at times users can have other multiple apps open without realising

Glad to hear that you tried a reinstall.

One other thing - I notice that you have the issue on your home network. Are you able to try it very briefly on another Internet connection for example: on your devices Internet data or a friends WIFI to check for the issue?

Thanks!

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts