Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify pauses all the time on diferent platforms

Spotify pauses all the time on diferent platforms

Hello There,

I'm slowly getting sick of it. For some reason all of my Spotify "devices" are going into a pause after a few seconds to a few minutes of playing. Mostly it is few seconds. i first noticed this on my phone (android 8.1.0) streaming over the Bluetooth to my car radio. when i got back home, i decided to continue listening to that specific music on my desktop (win10) and to my surprise, same issue came up. Then I’ve decided to check this on my Casatunes Streamer that has Spotify Premium integration and same thing, pauses after a few seconds of playing. The only thing that I can mention is that on Casatunes app on my phone a message poping up: "Spotify in use. Your music is paused as the account is in use somewhere else". I only have 3 devices that I'm listening on, I've decided to disconnect all of my devices and change my Spotify password. that did nothing, same problem exist on all of the devices.

Please help...

Sam

3 Replies

Hey @splawik26, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

Could you try a couple things and then let me know if the problem still continues?

1) On Spotify.com, go to your Account page and change your password. While some users have said that this hasn't fixed their problem, it has worked in other cases. (Facebook users have to change their Facebook password instead.)

2) Also on your Account page, there is an option that says "Sign Out Everywhere" which will disconnect you from all active devices. If you do this as well as change your password then the problem should disappear.

Sign Out Everywhere Desktop.png

3) Another option is to go to the Apps tab on your Account page, here you can revoke permission from apps that want to access your Spotify account. If you see anything here that you don't trust, remove it from the list. I currently have 3 apps connected.

Please let me know if this solves your issue. I'll be here!

Hello there,

Thanks for your reply.

As for the points 1 and 2, that's been done yesterday and the problem was still there. Earlier today I've disconected all the apps that were not known or necessary and the problem is still here. with apps I'm down to Casatunes and Comunity. I'm really losing my mind over this.

Hey there @splawik26,

Thanks for reaching out and for follwoing @Jacob's instructions!  

The reason why Spotify is pausing on different platforms could have to do with some restrictions. To check if that is the case please follow the steps in this post in the exact same order as given there. This will ensure your app is up-to-date and we'll make sure nothing is stopping Spotify from playing.

Keep us poszted, we're here for you!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts