Announcements

Spotify pauses every 30 seconds on all devices, current versions, Discord not installed

Highlighted

Spotify pauses every 30 seconds on all devices, current versions, Discord not installed

Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung G950U

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro (desktop and laptop)

My Question or Issue

For the past 1-2 months approximately, my spotify will pause every 30 seconds when I play music about 80% of the time. It does not happen while I listen to podcasts. It happens with and without bluetooth, on my phone, laptop, and desktop, and persists despite Spotify upgrades, reinstalls, and with no concurrent programs or apps running except background processes. 

This has also happened over several Spotify updates. I have unlinked all devices 2 or 3 times and changed my passwords.

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Spotify pauses every 30 seconds on all devices, current versions, Discord not installed

Casual Listener

Have you tried using another ISP ?

Have you tried using another account (create a new test account)?

Highlighted

Re: Spotify pauses every 30 seconds on all devices, current versions, Discord not installed

Casual Listener

I recently changed my ISP after moving across the country and it still occurrs without change.  I'll try creating a new account and update, 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Creating a new account stops this problem on my phone. It begins again once I log back into my premium account. I reset the settings back to the default ones on the new account I created, but it is still occuring.

(And the problem has persisted across different ISPs,  cellular data, Wi-Fi, etc.)

Highlighted

Casual Listener
You may want to try stopping your premium (go back to basic).Wait a while (>24h) for all backend systems to "get the message".
Then upgrade to premium again.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Have you gotten this resolved, I wonder.

If not, you may want to cancel subscription shortly before your recharge date, wait until after it has expired and you start seeing ads in Spotify, and then re-subscribe again. This chould sort it.

Otherwise chat up support guys.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I did not do this, but the problem stopped on it's own about a week or 2 ago, and I hadn't done anything special. Who knows, oh well

SUGGESTED POSTS