Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify pauses randomly and plays tracks i have never listened to

Solved!

Spotify pauses randomly and plays tracks i have never listened to

Spotify is acting weird recently. On both my devices (windows and android phone) the program is pausing my songs, after that changes my music/playlist to some (maybe) thai music that I've never listened to. The album is Best of Drill Beats, by drill beats, if that can help investigating the problem more thoroughly. It's really annoying. Any suggestions what could this be and how can i fix it? (or if it's a bug, i don't know) 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @iagaresko!

Seems like someone could have access to your Spotify account. We suggest following these steps to make sure your account is secure.

Let us know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi @iagaresko, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Could you let us know what device, operating system and Spotify version you're using? Also, do you remember if this started happening after a specific update or event?

Maybe reinstalling the app with the steps here could help you with this.

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂

Hi, MariaCamila

Thank you for your reply! I'm using Windows 10 and Android 6.0. My Spotify version is 8.4.38.621 armV7. Unfortunately i don't think that this started after a specific event. One day it just happened. I tried reinstalling the app on my android device but it didn't help. Tried the "sign out from every device"option. Removed every old device that i have been using sporify on, but with no result. Finally i changed my password. It's been one day without interruption so far. I hope the problem is gone now.

Marked as solution

Hey @iagaresko!

Seems like someone could have access to your Spotify account. We suggest following these steps to make sure your account is secure.

Let us know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hey! 

Seems that this was the problem. No interruption since I've changed my password. Thank you for the reply! 

Have a great day! 

Suggested posts