Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify payment issues.

Spotify payment issues.

Hi guys,

hey I received e-mail notification of a payment failure a few days ago. My card has not expired and there are sufficient funds to cover this payment.

This morning when my account reverted to 'free' I tried re-entering the card details but get another error saying payment details can't be changed right now.

This is the same card I've been using since I started using premium many months ago, all previous payments went through OK. I'm still in the same country etc and I haven't touched my account details other than to play music.

I use spotify pretty much all day everyday accross devices so premium's a must, please help me out, free doesn't cut it 😞

Thanks you!

33 Replies

darn! Having the same problem, suddenly Spotify won't accept my payment. And guess what I'm Kiwibank too...Free Spotify is not good enough man, no mobile connection!

Hopefully this gets sorted asap or I'm gonna have to go back to downloading again.

I'm gonna have to go back to downloading again.

lol - back to the dark ages. I think I'd rather set up a new bank account. 🙂

Yeah back to the dark ages alright... 😕

Well doroke, that's very interesting indeed.

It stands to reason that something has changed recently in the processing, but if it's only affecting Mastercards, that doesn't explain why the OP RCarosella had trouble when he uses a Visa Debit.

It's also interesting that you got different information from Kiwibank than I did - seems like there's a few people poking this issue from different directions though, so I'm still hopeful there'll be a resolution soon.

Hi everyone,

While our payments team are looking into this (I don't have any additional info about that, sorry), connecting your credit/debit cards to PayPal and paying via PayPal should work. I appreciate that's not an ideal solution for everyone but it's an option in the short term.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Well good news - for me at least. I tried again just a few minutes ago with all the exact same details as before and this time it has gone through. No idea as to whether Spotify changed anything or whether Kiwibank/Mastercard relaxed their rules. Either way I'm alright Jack. 😄

Crazy I just saw your post and mine has just gone through too. Although pretty stupid because it has billed me for every time I tried to make it work the other day...although I think I'm paid up for a few months now. Kinda ironic as I'd just given up hope and had started copying music onto my phone. No need now

Hmm thought I'd already posted but I guess not - I've also managed to successfully update my details again, so whatever kiwibank did seems to have been undone.

Now resuming regular transmission...

Guys, great to hear it's working again. If you have any more trouble, please let us know.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi im not a Kiwi bank user, and I'm receiving having this kind of problem with my bank too, everything is good on their side, i cant reset my billing on spotify

My CC is from Bancomer, it's a Visa

Cheers From Mexico

@Diverpower - Does your card meet all of the requirements outlined in this help page

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have been using this card at least 5 months already

Can you try completely removing the card from your online account and re-adding it again? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Spotify

I'm having the same issues i can't pay with my card. Previous payments had gone through fine with no problems.

Could you someone advise please?

thanks

Rishi

@RCarosella wrote:

Hi guys,

hey I received e-mail notification of a payment failure a few days ago. My card has not expired and there are sufficient funds to cover this payment.

This morning when my account reverted to 'free' I tried re-entering the card details but get another error saying payment details can't be changed right now.

This is the same card I've been using since I started using premium many months ago, all previous payments went through OK. I'm still in the same country etc and I haven't touched my account details other than to play music.

I use spotify pretty much all day everyday accross devices so premium's a must, please help me out, free doesn't cut it 😞

Thanks you!

Suggested posts