Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify play history wiped out & songs added to queue without my intent

Spotify play history wiped out & songs added to queue without my intent

Spent last night listening to a specific set of songs, with the hopes of creating a playlist for future reference using the history feature today. Re-opened the application a few minutes ago, only to find random songs added to my queue, and my play history wiped out and replaced by songs I have never played. I shut down my computer last night, and do not have any other phones or products with the Spotify app, so there is no way I could have accidentally did this. I was lucky enough to have connected Spotify to Facebook a few months ago, and I am able to retrieve my song list through the Facebook activity feature, but would really like to know why Spotify is playing music without my will, and consequently messing my play history (and as a result the play count for the year end top songs playlist) up. If this is an error it should be adressed, because I highly doubt I am the only audiophile this is happening to. The Spotify queue and play history should not be wiped out and replaced with random songs when the application is not even on.

2 Replies

Hello @jblattnerNYC,

Are you sure your account is not used by someone else?

I would suggest you to go to your account page and hit the sign out of everywhere button.

If the issue occurrs again, please let me know. 

I am positive my account is not being used by anyone else. I would not be replying this late if the problem were not continuing to persist. Other folks appear to be having the same exact debilitating issue: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/play-queue-and-history-deleted/td-...Play history wiped out following 6+ hours of non-stop listening. My proper play history appears on Facebook activity timeline.Play history wiped out following 6+ hours of non-stop listening. My proper play history appears on Facebook activity timeline.Only the first song I played last night is displayed, followed by ten songs I listened to afterwards, and then an assortment of random tracks. Again, my Facebook activity timeline and Last.fm display my proper play history. Will this affect my year end most played songs playlist?Only the first song I played last night is displayed, followed by ten songs I listened to afterwards, and then an assortment of random tracks. Again, my Facebook activity timeline and Last.fm display my proper play history. Will this affect my year end most played songs playlist?

Suggested posts