Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify playing music it shouldn't have!

Solved!

Spotify playing music it shouldn't have!

I'm an musician and I have a lot of new music I have been working on! These songs have only been emailed to the collaborators of these projects and we know none of our team has been using spotify or sharing songs with anyone else. 

Is it possible for spotify to share tracks from a computer without knowing (via email, iTunes, etc.)?

If anyone can explain this it would be real helpful!

OR

How can you find who originally uploaded certain songs onto spotify? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Phazzeone - Your Spotify will not have uploaded any of your music onto the Spotify service. It can't.

As Spotify also acts as a media player, like iTunes, it's likely that your local mp3 files are appearing in the software. Do these tracks appear in your 'Local Files' folder at all?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Somone has probably uploaded your music on spotify through an aggregator
Marked as solution

Phazzeone - Your Spotify will not have uploaded any of your music onto the Spotify service. It can't.

As Spotify also acts as a media player, like iTunes, it's likely that your local mp3 files are appearing in the software. Do these tracks appear in your 'Local Files' folder at all?
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Spotify does not download any local music to it's servers.

Thank you guys for the comments! I figured it out a week after! the local files it was!!

Awesome. I'm sorry about the delay in getting to you before. Must have slipped through.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts