Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify premium doesn't work

Solved!

Spotify premium doesn't work

Hi,   When I try to use Spotify on my iPhone, it says I have to download spotify premium. The problem is, I already have spotify premium. In the account center it says I have an active premium subscription.   Could you please fix this problem?   Kind regards.
212 Replies

Same problem for me. Upgraded to Premium 48hrs ago but can't access any Premium features on macbook or iphone. Subscription status says active premium member...

Hey guys.

Wow, this thread appears to have exploded. Apologies for not seeing sooner, only just got into the office... I'll go through your accounts and try and find out what's going on here.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hey, same problem here. I just got spotify premium but it doesnt work on my cell phone and it says that I have to download premium even though I already have. There shouldnt be any problems with the payment. Can you please help me. Thank you.

yeah thats exactly whats happening to mine! it says i need to get premium even though i bought it today and have my reciept! please help meeee! ((:

Same problem here - and also getting ads on the desktop?

SAME!!!!!!

I've got a problem with activating Premium on my Galaxy S III. I've removed the app and re-installed it. I've got the Facebook app running and am logged in via my Facebook account. Is there a delay in when the upgrade becomes active?

(Re-posting here as I incorrectly posted it in the iOS forum.)

SAME!!! please help!!

same here 😞

Me too. Signed up for the 30-day trial, Account Info says I have the Premium Subscription but I'm still getting ads. Logged-off and on, re-installed, re-started PC, still no go.

Hi... I just signed up for the prem and i cant even get one song to play... Very mad when i paid for it... My account says its active but still cant listen to nothing.

Hello all.

We're still investigating on this...
Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks

David, once it is solved will you be offering premium.users a partial.refund since we are paying for a service that we are not being given?

After browsing through the forums it seems like EVERYONE has this problem...  Each thread claims to have a "solution" but when I click to see what the solution is I get redirected to the end of the thread. Reading through there doesn't seem to be a solution. Can't someone just simply post how to resolve this issue?  I've logged in...logged out....re-installed apps on 3 different devices...created a device password to log in without having to use Facebook. Same problem. Every. Time.  My subscription says I have premium...I paid for it yet can't use it. I would think that someone over here could just post something like "instructions to activating your premium account" OR if this it a common thing where it takes hours/days for the subscription to activate it should be disclosed prior to purchasing.  All I want it music. 

Has this been resolved yet?

Marked as solution

well, mine started working randomly, hope urs does too!

Kudos. Got mine miraculously rockin!! 

i logged out and simultaneously rebooted all devices connected to spotify and it seemed to have fixed the problem.

Not sure if im an idiot because i didnt try that half an hour ago or if they fixed it (presuming its the latter).

Cheers

All,

I've checked a smattering of accounts and it seems that Premium should be showing up now. Try logging out and back in, and hopefully it should be the same for you too.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Suggested posts