Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify premium doesn't work

Solved!

Spotify premium doesn't work

Hi,   When I try to use Spotify on my iPhone, it says I have to download spotify premium. The problem is, I already have spotify premium. In the account center it says I have an active premium subscription.   Could you please fix this problem?   Kind regards.
212 Replies

It seems as if there is an issue with the Facebook authentication and Spotify at the moment. I use my Faceboot account to log in which is where I think the issue with the Premium comes from. 

Do other users experiancing this issue use Spotify accounts or FB accounts?

@Moortimis wrote:

It seems as if there is an issue with the Facebook authentication and Spotify at the moment. I use my Faceboot account to log in which is where I think the issue with the Premium comes from. 

Do other users experiancing this issue use Spotify accounts or FB accounts?

Confirm.  I have noticed that error, but am not having a problem using FB at all, nor am I having a problem using Spotify free.  I would think that if there was a problem authenticating my identity, the apps would not be capable of providing my playlists (how would it know what playlists to provide?).

I just want what I paid for, no ads. please!

I don't know if it'll work for you guys. But I switched to offline mode and then right back to online mode.

Worked on both iPad and iPhone.

Best of luck!

I am having the same problem, it says I have the premium on the website but on the computer and my phone it says I do not have it. please help!!!

For all the new posters on here, welcome to the getting screwed club! It seems we've been picking up quite a few new members! Let's see if anyone from Spotify actually responds. And for the record, I didn't use facebook to login, so I think the problem appears to be solely theirs.

mods im having the same problem but neither my computer or my iphone says im premium. help!

Tried that, including a reboot of the phone and still no joy. 

Thanks for the post. 

I've done everything imaginable.

If the product requires this kind of hassle to get what you signed up for, then it's not worth having.  This should be something anyone can accomplish.  Give card info, get Premium service. <-- as soon as it gets more complicated than that, we have problems.

Im having the same problem my account says i have premium but my phone and the app on my laptop say i need to download it can you help me please? id like to get what im paying for. thanks im using an iphone 4s

My spotify premium isnt working and I already paid for it.

Ive logged out and back in, restarted my computer, restarted spotify, reinstalled, uninstalled and deleted the files in my appdata and then restarted my computer and then reinstalled, and just waited for several hours hoping it would start working.

I sent in a support ticket but dont expect a reply, seeing as how they have failed to reply to most other people. 

Hi - I'm having the same problem getting Spotify to work on my iPhone - I did as suggested and reinstalled/restarted, but still no luck.

same problem cant change the password cant log in on spotify only on the site.  i believe i now have the free trial and paid for another account.  and now i cant even log into the account ive paid for. please help me out here.

Also having this problem.  Please advise

I had the free version, then upgraded to premium today. It's been a couple of hours now and it's still not upgraded in your system, still getting commercials, etc. My profile does say I'm a Premium member. What's up?????

Yup, paid for it and still says im not a premium subscriber

Marked as solution

UPDATE: It just started working all of a sudden. I didn't do anything differently than I was doing before. I guess it just takes their system 4 hours to update subscriptions...

Best of luck to everyone still waiting on here.

Looks like to solution for me was time. 

After re-install the app

Trying onling and offline mode

viewing subscripts through the app

none of this worked. However leaving my phone alone for an hour or two and its fixed itself. 

A pretty crappie solution I know. 

Mine working too (so much for the working 'from the moment that you activate this trial')

This is happening to me too! I paid for preminim but its telling me I need to upgrade!

Suggested posts