Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify premium doesn't work

Solved!

Spotify premium doesn't work

Hi,   When I try to use Spotify on my iPhone, it says I have to download spotify premium. The problem is, I already have spotify premium. In the account center it says I have an active premium subscription.   Could you please fix this problem?   Kind regards.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

well, mine started working randomly, hope urs does too!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

UPDATE: It just started working all of a sudden. I didn't do anything differently than I was doing before. I guess it just takes their system 4 hours to update subscriptions...

Best of luck to everyone still waiting on here.

Marked as solution

Thank you for getting back to us everybody.

Everything should be back to normal now. Users that upgrade should no longer experience any sort of delay.

If you're still not receiving your Premium after upgrading, please sign out / sign in. Any other trouble, please get in touch via the contact form so we can take a closer look. 

212 Replies

I have paid for the premium service for a month now and still can't get it to work on my client (high quality streaming) or work on my andorid. Anytime I try to use either service it says upgrade to premium. I have posted several time to the contact us page. I just would liek to get the service to work. 

Hi Trashguy!

I've just popped an email over to you. It should sort it. Keep an eye on your inbox.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hey Claris - I can see what the problem is here but we'll have to do some fiddling behind the scenes.

I've just sent you an email with some instructions. Keep an eye out for me.

Hey, i have the same problem, please hjelp!

Haucizz - Are you not receiving Premium at all? I'd suggest getting in touch with our payments team. They'll be able to sort it for you. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'. Let me know when you've emailed in.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I got the same issue, activated my account this morning and according to the site and the confirmation mails my account is now premium. But when I try to use spotify on my phone, it says I still need to buy premium.

Rbd340 - If you're still having trouble, it's worth contacting Customer Support. They'll be able to get it working for you. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'. They'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hey...nice Help-Forum

I have a problem. last Month my billing don´t work. My premium Spotify wasn´t there. It was okay. But today the billig ist correctly done and my Acconut says: Sorry u must be premium user. 

I´m premium user and now i can´t listen music. Smiley Sad

Sorry for my bad english...Smiley Embarassed

Hi Frozenheart78 - As this is a very specific payments query you'll need to go through our contact form.

From there our payments team can you give some details about your account. 

Hmm i have the same problem. 

I´m spotify premium user on my iphone since on month and i couldnt get even one track to play which i found really frustrating especially if you are on a 36 h trip without music ;;;__;;;

so now re-installing spotify hasnt solved the problem at all since all my playlists have disappeared from my iphone. 

really dont know how to solve this issue? i would be really disapointed if cancelling my subscripcion would be the only solution. 

help please ? Cat Sad

Hi lovenox - That's quite strange--your account is active and healthy on our end. Can you please confirm what app version you've got installed?

Meredith the same thing is with my account. if you see it says i have spotify premium, but it isnt showing up that i have it on my windows 7 computer or my iphone 4s, can you PLEASE help me? or possibly even sending me that email? Thanks.

Hey shohreh1 - Just taken a look at your account--your Premium upgrade has gone through.

Can you please try a clean reinstallation first? Then sign in with your Facebook email and password.

If you're still not on Premium give me a shout.

Hi, I have the exact same problem. Well, I wanted to try the 30 day trial and it says on my subscription page that I'm on the premium but I can't use it on my iPhone. I have tried uninstalling and restarting the phone and reinstalling but still the same message of "only premium users can access this". What do I do? Thanks

I have exact same problem. It looks like nobody can upgrade to premium at the moment given the number of people complaining about it at the moment.

Hi Meredith,

I'm having the exact same problem.  I've upgraded to Premium (and received a receipt), closed out the program, restarted and still can't access my Premium service.  I still see advertisements and can't stream music on my mobile device.

Help!

Thanks,

Alex

I am having same problem: upgraded account but it's not recognizes on iPod. Any help would be appreciated

Hey there!

There is some fault with servers, so updating to paid account is slow. Apologize for that.

However all of you should receive Premium or Unlimited update soon.

You can also try clearing your cache in Spotify or Log out and then Log in back trick in Spotify from File.

I keep my fingers crossed!

Hi everyone- Things should be up and running for you now. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused for you today. 

Please do a quick sign out/ sign in. If you're still having any trouble let me know. 

Suggested posts