Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify quit unexpected

Solved!

Spotify quit unexpected

When I try to log in to spotify om my computer it says..."spotify quit unexpectedly"....My spotify works on my mobile....How do I solve this problem? Please help me!!!!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@devonuk wrote:

using windows 7.

comodo firewall.

spotify connects no problem at all.

within a few minutes crashes completely.

Have had to use an eraser program due to pc not deleting spotify?

this seems to be acting like its a virus problem?

What error where you getting when trying to uninstall? 

As for your crash, can you make sure that your router allows Spotify in- and outbound and your firewall software allows Spotify in- and outbound:
The following IP ranges should be open on port 4070: 78.31.8.0/21, 193.182.8.0/21.
That number 21 is the prefix length. Please check your router’s manual on how to enter those IP ranges correctly.

I have seen it posted lately that the client will start and play for a while but they will crash if it can't open a connection on port 4070. 

Peter

This is the non-Super User account for Peter, some posts made by this account are for testing purposes only.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you using Mac OS X 10.5.x? If so have a read at my post here which had details on how to get a working client again. 

If not, what operating system are you using?

Peter

This is the non-Super User account for Peter, some posts made by this account are for testing purposes only.

Having the same problem here, tried fresh imstall three times, but still Spotify just vanishes? 

been using Spotify since day one and this is the first time I have had any problems.

@devonuk wrote:

Having the same problem here, tried fresh imstall three times, but still Spotify just vanishes? 

been using Spotify since day one and this is the first time I have had any problems.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

What operating system are you using?

Peter

Hi I also have the same problem. Haven't been able to use Spotify for some months now. Premium and all Grrr!!

I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.8. Is it to old maybe?

Grateful for any support & guidance.

@Anainjana wrote:

Hi I also have the same problem. Haven't been able to use Spotify for some months now. Premium and all Grrr!!

I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.8. Is it to old maybe?

Grateful for any support & guidance.

You need a legacy client for OS X 10.5.x have a read at this post for download instructions. 

Peter

using windows 7.

comodo firewall.

Marked as solution

@devonuk wrote:

using windows 7.

comodo firewall.

What error where you getting when trying to uninstall? 

As for your crash, can you make sure that your router allows Spotify in- and outbound and your firewall software allows Spotify in- and outbound:
The following IP ranges should be open on port 4070: 78.31.8.0/21, 193.182.8.0/21.
That number 21 is the prefix length. Please check your router’s manual on how to enter those IP ranges correctly.

I have seen it posted lately that the client will start and play for a while but they will crash if it can't open a connection on port 4070. 

Peter

Thank you Spotify works now 🙂

@Anainjana wrote:

Thank you Spotify works now 🙂

No worries 😉 

Peter

The Spotify app on my iPhone 11 Pro Max unexpectedly shuts down constantly. This has been happening over the last month or so, and now it has become an ongoing everyday issue multiple times a day. It has now happened when I am using it via bluetooth in my vehicle as well.

Please note, I am playing downloaded playlists only with Cellular Data turned off in Settings.

I have removed the app and downloaded it again several times. Each time I do this I have to download the 10K songs all over again. It is now getting to the point that I am getting ready to terminate my Spotify account and move over to Apple Music, which would be an act of desperation unless I get a fix to this problem that actually works.

Can someone with working knowledge that actually fixes this issue help me please?

Hey there @dgrenier,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you confirm if you followed the steps that @Peter_Free provided?

Another useful step is to perform a clean reinstall of the app. This is different than a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

We also suggest that you make sure that your app is up to date.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey guys! 

I've been using a new M1 mac mini, and all the applications are running correctly except Spotify. Several times I'm getting this "Spotify Quit Unexpectedly" error. I already tried reinstalling the app, but the problem remains.

I'm attaching a PDF with the "Problem Details and System Configuration."

Please reach out to me at **bleep** if needed.
Many thanks for your support.

Hi there @mrbalcazar,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

This isn't supported yet. We understand there're many users switching to the M1 CPU types, and of course we want to ensure that our app is future-proof and supports as many devices as possible.

As with all new CPU developments, it requires time to optimize software to run on new hardware.

As soon as we are ready to announce full support we'll update our idea thread.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts