Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify randomly starts playing music from a Web Device without control

Solved!

Spotify randomly starts playing music from a Web Device without control

Plan

Premium for Family

Country

Italy

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The problem is not related to the device or platform used, it happens independently.

Spotify randomly starts to play a song that I don't know. I cannot stop the playing and control it. It comes from a Web Player that is not related to any device that I own. If I try to regain the control, the the player that I'm using at that time continues to play the song indefinitely.

I've already disconnected all my devices, removed all the applications, assured that it's not a problem related to a stolen account.

It's already some months that is happening. I thought that it was a temporary bug but it's not.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you already changed your password, but the probem still exist, it's best to reach out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter @SpotifyCares or through the online SpotifySupport.

* Note that if you are going submit a contact form (instead of sending a DM on Twitter), make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @Ly89,

thanks for posting in the community !

Issues like this are related to someone who tried taking over your account or you had provided access or logged in on another person device whithout logging out.

Please make sure again to read all info provided on this help page.

However, if it did not help, use the same page to contact support and have them take a closer look at your account.

I'd stongly suggest considering opening a new account and ask support to get your old data to the new account.

Have a great week=)

Hi @OneByBoo

thanks for the answer.

As already said, "I've already disconnected all my devices, removed all the applications, assured that it's not a problem related to a stolen account."

I know for sure that is a bug for how it happens.

The problem is still there and I'm annoyed. But I don't know how it can be solved.

Just like what you've said, you only removed the devices and apps, but you never mentioned that you've changed your password. Please do change your email and password for your own sake.

To login into my account I use Facebook credentials. There I removed all connected devices too, changed the password and enabled 2 steps login. I find quit strange, as said, that someone stole my account.

Marked as solution

If you already changed your password, but the probem still exist, it's best to reach out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter @SpotifyCares or through the online SpotifySupport.

* Note that if you are going submit a contact form (instead of sending a DM on Twitter), make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify.

Suggested posts