Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify's horrible security and foreign logins

Spotify's horrible security and foreign logins

Today I noticed two foreign logins, and before you give me the standard reply yes I've done my due diligence with singing devices out and changing my password.

This issue has been known to happen on Spotify for a long time along with other gray and sleazy dealings while you have been sitting idly on your thumbs doing nothing to mitigate it.

To summarize a list of problems you could have easily addressed but have not

- No list of currently active devices
- No two factor authentication

If this happens one more time I'm off Spotify.

This leak happened on your end and you have compromised my account safety.

5 Replies

Hey @MeMyselfAndIren, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear about this! In this case, I’d recommend checking out this support article for the next steps to take.

To prevent this from happening in the future, there are many measures you can take to protect your account, such as resetting your password every few months, and not using passwords you have used on other sites. There is also a great guide here for some more measures on protecting your account.

If you see an email from Spotify, and can’t tell if it’s legit, use this checklist. Of course, Spotify makes sure that all user records and platforms are completely secure around the clock.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I agree, it's shambolic. I'll be closing my premium account if it isn't addressed sharply. The steps in their unhelpful article and a new password doesn't solve anything. The hackers/bot is in my account within an instant of new security measures.

Hey there @wolflikeme,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.

In this case, we recommend following all the steps in the article @Billy-J sent previously. It's important that you not only change your password, but also log out everywhere and remove access for third parties.

We also highly recommend checking this article where you'll find useful tips on how to protect your account.

If this persists, then follow the steps under Lost anything? in the first article.

We hope this helps. If you need anything else, give us a shout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Please understand that I've carried out all the steps/measures in the article several times. It doesn't change anything. The bot is in my account at free will. Rather than posting derivative unhelpful articles, maybe you could spend some time trying to get to the bottom of the real issue here?

Agreed.

I've already switched to another streaming service and I am currently just riding out the last of my Spotify subscription.

The answers in this thread convinced me that Spotify is content with the status quo of bots invading accounts and does not want to bother implementing 2FA.

Bye bye Spotify, it was fun while it lasted. 🙂

Suggested posts