Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify says i have reached the device limit, i know i didnt

Solved!

Spotify says i have reached the device limit, i know i didnt

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issue

I tried to download songs on my 5th device, but spoty said that i reached the device limit. Since im the only one using this account, i know for sure that i didnt. The new device would be the 5th. My PC uses dual boot so it counts as two separate spotify entities. I had it on both OS', but i completely wiped one so that should no longer count, but i suspect that for some reason it still thinks i have it. Any ideas? Excluding the "log out from all devices" option. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @user-removed!

Thanks for the detailed explanation and welcome to the Community.

It seems like your suspicions might be true and the saved cache on Spotify's end is counting 5 devices. To get that sorted out you can reach out to our support team here, who should be able to free up the spot.

Hope this helps!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @user-removed!

Thanks for the detailed explanation and welcome to the Community.

It seems like your suspicions might be true and the saved cache on Spotify's end is counting 5 devices. To get that sorted out you can reach out to our support team here, who should be able to free up the spot.

Hope this helps!

ElenaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, so I’m having similar problems, I switched to a new phone and erased everything from my old phone and cannot download anything on Spotify, I’ve done everything to correct this and yet cannot download on my new device as it says device limit has been reached.

Hey @HussainRaza,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, you can follow the steps here to remove all the downloads on your mobile devices. 

If that doesn't do the trick, remember, as mentioned by @Elena, you can also contact our Customer Support team, so they can help you to remove the offline devices from your account. You can find how to contact them here.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator

Pretty unfortunate - don't worry. You "only" have to wait four weeks:

Thanks for waiting. My apology. We're unable to check from which phones/devices you've downloaded your songs, since you've downloaded it from your end. We suggest to delete your downloads from your old devices that you no longer use.

Just a heads up, you can download your offline music to 5 devices only.

You can try to 'Remove all downloads' button by going to Settings> Storage using the Spotify app.

Then start Spotify on a device which no longer needs the downloaded content and manually remove all the downloaded offline content.

Then wait until the offline license expires on a device which you no longer use.

Just a heads up: A device can stay offline for a maximum of 30 days, then all offline content will be disabled and the license will be revoked.

Suggested posts