Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify says payment failed, but got charged

Spotify says payment failed, but got charged

Hey, I just got an email that says my monthly payment for Premium was unsuccessful, although on that very moment I've got the mail, also got the notification that my card was charged with EUR 2.49. My profile also says that it was unsuccessful, and will try again later. But I've already paid! Will I be charged twice then? Or the first payment will be reverted? What's happening now?

Thanks in advance

[Hungary, Premium for Students]

7 Replies

Hey @barnade95 thanks for reaching out to the community,

Can you doulbe check to make sure the payment was not refunded sometimes it will charge you and then refund it. 

If your having trouble paying, can you try:

-A different device

-Different Internet Connection

-Ingocnito mode/Different Browser

I’d also recommend checking out this article for payment troubleshooting steps.
There’s also some specific subscription-related troubleshooting over at our Spotify Answers board.

If your sure that is was not refunded I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this. 

Happy Listening,

Jack 🙂

Hey there,

I'm in same situation right now. I got charged by my cellular service provider but Spotify notified me that my payment failed. I suspect this may be due unstable internet connection. Can you please clarify how long do I have to wait for the refund so that I may pay for my subscription again?

Hi there @RaziMoosa,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

In this case we recommend that you contact your cellular service provider so that they can provide you the information of when you'll get a refund as every cellular service provider works different.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I also got charged for my family Spotify yesterday however Spotify sent me an email saying payment failed and my money wasn't reversed also.

Hey there @Sinaoye

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community! 

We suggest that you take a look at your Receipts page. There you should be able to see all your charges and check if you've been charged recently. If you don't see the payment there, it means that it hasn't gone through successfully on our end. No worries, the system will keep trying to take the payment for the subscription in the upcoming days. 

You can read more about the reasons payments can fail here

However, if you're sure you've been charged but you don't see it in your receipts it's possible that you have another account. In that case, we suggest you have a look at this article to see what you can do to locate your second account. If that's the case, you can reach out directly to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a closer look at your accounts and further assist you with this. 

Hope this helps. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.  

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello I have the same situation but I have the same situation but worse. They take from my account €9.99 Monday 17th of July. And they send that email. It’s not fair.  My €9.99 it’s not in my account anymore. I have the photos. 

Hey @KarlaxD,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

At this point it'd be best to contact our customer support team directly so they can investigate the reasons for the unexpected charges. Here is how to do this.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts