Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify says sign up for premium, I already have this.

Solved!

Spotify says sign up for premium, I already have this.

Hi,

Please help, I'm getting extremely frustrated now.

I have had Spotify premium for a while now but yesterday when I was trying to access music from my iPhone it kept saying I had to sign up to premium.

I have looked on the forum and as advised I've logged in an out of spotify, this hasn't helped. I've now deleted spotify and reinstalled and still no joy, still asking to sign up to premium.

Please help. Could you explain in 'idiot' terms as I'm not the best with jargon.!!

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Lynne234 wrote:

Hi,

I have had Spotify premium for a while now but yesterday when I was trying to access music from my iPhone it kept saying I had to sign up to premium.

I have looked on the forum and as advised I've logged in an out of spotify, this hasn't helped. I've now deleted spotify and reinstalled and still no joy, still asking to sign up to premium.

Please help. Could you explain in 'idiot' terms as I'm not the best with jargon.!!

Thanks in advance.

What does it say at your subscription page? If it says free, then it is likely that your payment did not go through and you need to resubscribe.

If it does say premium, then this is strange. I suggest you uninstall the app, clear any evidence that Spotify was ever there and reinstall 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@Lynne234 wrote:

Err a little embarrassed here.

Turns out I'd not added my new credit card details!

thanks for all the replies and sorry for wasting your time.

Can threads be deleted? If so I suggest this is.

Of course they can, but we don't delete by request - someone else may have the same issue 🙂

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

@Lynne234 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

What does it say at your subscription page? If it says free, then it is likely that your payment did not go through and you need to resubscribe.

If it does say premium, then this is strange. I suggest you uninstall the app, clear any evidence that Spotify was ever there and reinstall 🙂

Lynne234 - Looks like your card has expired and you've just resubscribed with another one. If you just log out and back in, you'll get your Premium back.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Grrrrr

Marked as solution

@Lynne234 wrote:

Of course they can, but we don't delete by request - someone else may have the same issue 🙂

This has happened to me and I've also lost all my playlists.  I've been subscribing to premium for almost three years and you have just taken my February payment from my credit card.  I e-mailed you directly and just received a bland 'look on this board' e-mail.  I have followed the advice on the relevant forum but it does not work.  I cannot find a way of unsubscribing from my premium account which I now want to do. I have asked my credit card to stop making payments to you from now on but I also want to know how formally to cancel my account.  As far as I'm concerned, you're taking money from me for a service that you're not providing. 

Hey! Sorry to hear you are having issues. 

It sounds to me like you have created a duplicate account and are logging into it instead of your real account, that is why your playlists have disappeared. Have a read at this thread which might get you back to your account. 

If you are still having issues, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this. If you can't log into your premium account, they will be able to track it down for you using your billing information. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi I'm exactly the same pay via virgin and for last few months money taken from acc but when I log in via fb which I now regret but cannot change to email and password again it says free .. Virgin say it Spotify to blame . Any advice to reinstate my premium which I pay for be great

I have the same problem but when I check my subscription out with my iPhone Spotify account it tells me I have Premium membership then when I go on using my iPhone it says I am Free!!
It started when I got a new phone and had to reinstall all my details etc thru iCloud. Help!!!

@kayvmac

Normally this happens when a duplicate account exists, one with a spotify username / password and one with your facebook details.

Login to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

If everything's ok, logout in your phone, and be sure to use the same login information you used for the website to login in your phone. It's the one with the Premium features.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts