Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify showing me content that I cannot play.

Spotify showing me content that I cannot play.

Spotify is showing me albums and tracks that are not available.  Why do I want to see content I cannot access?  I searched for the new George Harrison album from the Scorsese documentary.   The album showed up in the search however it is not available for me to listen to.  That is very frustrating.  I'd rather not see the album in my search. 

10 Replies

Do you have 'Hide unplayable tracks' unchecked in your Preferences?

Screen Shot 2012-05-03 at 7.29.11 PM.png

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Yes, on my iPhone I have "Hide Unplayable Tracks" switched on. 

That's strange then, it shouldn't be showing up.

Do you have the file stored locally on your computer or something like that? Maybe that would explain this.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

I'm having the same problem. On my old phone, if the tracks were not in my local files they would not appear. Now they do appear but they are greyed out. It makes scrolling more difficult and it just pisses me off. I have hide unplayable tracks on both my phone and my computer, yet they still show up. Help

@Boses wrote:

I'm having the same problem. On my old phone, if the tracks were not in my local files they would not appear. Now they do appear but they are greyed out. It makes scrolling more difficult and it just pisses me off. I have hide unplayable tracks on both my phone and my computer, yet they still show up. Help

Hey Boses, what happens when you try to play these tracks? I'm just curious what reason the app gives you.

It say's the content is for premium users only, which I am not. I just don't want them to show up in the playlists on my phone. I use my local files on my phone. I know why I can't play them, I just don't want them to be there because some of my playlists are 2000+ songs and scrolling through them just becomes longer when there are files i can't even play showing up.

You can purchase Premium or just create playlist with only local files (select all locals and drag and drop to new playlist in your pc app).

Yeah I figured that much. I was just hoping there was something I could do that would make it work like it did on my old phone. The tracks that weren't playable didn't show up and that was awesome.

What smartphone do you use? Currently Spotify can hide unplayable tracks only in Windows Phone. However, there is no local support at this time. If you listen only locals, you can use your smartphones own music player.

I was using an iPhone 3G, and I upgraded to the 4S this week. My itunes playlists got deleted and they're still on Spotify from my initial import and that's why I've been using Spotify as my primary music service on my phone. Like I said in an earlier post, some of my playlists are 2000+ songs and rebuilding those in itunes will take more time than I am willing to spend right now. It's not the biggest problem in the world, just an annoyance.

Suggested posts