Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify shows device username instead of Facebook

Spotify shows device username instead of Facebook

Hello Guys,

i'am a Facebook Spotify Premium User for years and now all apps do not show up my profilepicture or username. I tryed disconnecting the app rights from Facebook and login again, but it doesn't help. Maybe you guys have some advice.

Thanks Chris

2018-09-14 15_40_21-Window.jpg

2 Replies

I'm having the same issue. Also, I am showing up as random numbers on my friends friend list, so I know it's not just a local issue.

Hey @user-removed and @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you don't have Spotify among your apps on Facebook anymore, you won't be able to restore permissions to us so we're allowed to display your Facebook info on Spotify.

In that case, try to go to the settings of your Spotify account and see if you can disconnect your Facebook profile. If you have done this or if it's already disconnected, then hit the Connect to Facebook button and reconnect your Facebook profile with your Spotify account.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to create a new account with us. You can see how to get a new account here. The article is called "I want to use Spotify without Facebook" But nothing stops you from simply creating a new account with Facebook again.

Oh and no worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You can visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar: spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your old username, which is the numbers you see now. And keep in mind that you have 7 days after you close an account, before all information is permanently deleted, so you'll have to find your playlists before that time.

We hope that does the trick! Let us know if you have further questions 🙂

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts