Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify shows my Facebook profile picture - I log in with email and don't connect to Facebook

Spotify shows my Facebook profile picture - I log in with email and don't connect to Facebook

Hello

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this before. I'm curious as to how my facebook profile picture shows up on Spotify, since I made my account with my email and not facebook, and I also don't connect spotify to facebook. On my profile page, it shows my username and there is a standard gray image placeholder where my profile picture would be. However, on the top right corner of the windows desktop program, the bottom left corner of the iOS app menu bar, and the top right of the spotify website, it shows my real name and my facebook profile picture. Since I don't connect to facebook or log in with facebook I'm really confused as to how Spotify got this picture. 

Has anyone else noticed this before?

8 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Somehow you've got connected with Facebook. When you follow the steps as mentioned below, do you see an Facebook account to disconnect, or nothing?

To disconnect from Facebook, please follow the steps in this topic.
Please keep in mind that it's not an official supported workaround.

What is your Spotify username? Are you definitely logging in using your username and not your email address?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi MichaelW

That thread did not help me. When I go to edit -> preferences, I don't see "Disconnect from Facebook", I see "Connect to Facebook"

That's how I know my account isn't connected to facebook. 

Peter: I'm definitely logging in with my username and not via Facebook

In that case, I would suggest that you get in touch with Spotify support directly so they can look into this in a little more detail for you. There are several ways to get in touch!

If you have Twitter, following and dropping a Tweet to @SpotifyCares (English), @SpotifyAyuda (Spanish) or @SpotifyAjuda (Portuguese) is often the fastest way to get a reply and they can deal with the majority of issues excluding payment/billing issues.

Alternatively, you can email them (in any language) using the online contact form. There is also a special contact form if you can't remember your login details or the email address on your account is incorrect. The contact form support team should be able to handle absolutely any issue you are having!

When getting in touch via the contact forms, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the support agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Somehow, at a playlist background picture, there' is one of my son's picture that I used as a profile picture in facebook. How that happens?Screen Shot 2015-09-17 at 9.23.18 AM.png

This is incredibly old so I doubt anyone will see it but my wife just encountered this. She's very protective about her social media connections and accounts and was very disturbed tonight to open Spotify and notice that her profile picture had changed to her facebook picture.

She doesn't connect Spotify to Facebook and didn't create an account through facebook. The only advice to change this is to "disconnect from facebook" which obviously isn't an option if you never connected in the first place.

We managed to solve the issue through facebook, she logged into facebook and changed her app settings so that external services couldn't connect through to "apps and games"

https://en-gb.facebook.com/help/262314300536014/

I presume it found her through cookies in her browser or something?

Anyway for anyone that finds this one day and is equally disturbed it's controlled through restricting facebook access to apps, NOT through spotify options.

Dodgy spotify has done this to me too.

No wonder the annoying blue "Connect to Facebook" banner disappeared. They just decided to connect anyway without my permission.

Bizarrely, this is happening to my Discover Weekly playlist picture (not my account profile picture), even though I deactivated my Facebook account and had to create a brand new Spotify account using my email address, so there isn't a way for them to connect to my FB account . . . supposedly.

Suggested posts