Free

Country

Taiwan

Device

Acer Predator 700

Operating System

Window 10 

My Question or Issue

Recently the app Spotify in my computer shows your Spotify is been blocked by the firewall, please update the firewall or allowed the app through the firewall. But my firewall is updated bec my computer will automatically update and I have double check my firewall is not blocking the app. What is going on?  This did not happen one week ago  

11 Replies

Hey @fo_omx-7ydcd, welcome to the Community!

Do you have the same issue if you run Spotify as an administrator? What about if you disable your firewall?

Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

same probleme here, using a macbook air 2017 

Hey folks!

Just to confirm, are you using Spotify from a different country where the account was set up? If so, and you're rocking Spotify Free, try updating the country following these steps.

If you're rocking Spotify Premium, you should be able to use it anywhere around the world, so try reinstalling the app before trying again.

As a last resource, try logging in using a different device or internet connection to see if it behaves the same.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

The drop down menu you mentioned before shows up, but the only country available is UNITED STATES. I am currently living in Kathmandu, Nepal and cannot choose my current location for an unknown reason.

Hey @7q_ugf-nj54b6.

Right now, Spotify isn't available in Nepal, so you won't be able to update the country to use the app.

Fingers crossed Spotify will be available there in the future.

Cheers.

hi there,

i tried what you say but its not working please make this cool for me 

thanks 

NewPicture037.jpg

Hey @yu1bg5-h3a_k.

Just to confirm, have you tried using Spotify from a different internet connection? You can also try using a different device altogether to see if it behaves the same.

Keep us posted.

i actually try it, doesn't work for me 

but this is weird i can actually listen music on the web launcher, so idk, what's going on with the app ?

Hey @-7dwf7x_1pwg.

That's odd. This could be happening if you're using a VPN or a proxi that makes Spotify think you're in a different country than the one where youre account was created.

If that's not the case, I suggest making sure you don't have other Spotify accounts, as you could be logging in to the wrong one. Also, make sure the country on your Spotify account is correct by logging in here.

All the best.

@7q_ugf-nj54b6 

Good news!

Spotify is now available in Nepal

You can read more information about Spotify's launch in new markets in this news article: Spotify Expands International Footprint, Bringing Audio to 80+ New Markets

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts