Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify shuts down

Solved!

Spotify shuts down

When I use my account on my computer (mac) it plays about ten seconds of the song, then it shuts down and the icon is removed from the bar below. I have tried to reinstall the program, but it is the same thing. It all started after the latest upgrade. My account is working fine on my iphone.

What is wrong?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@morsenm wrote:

I am having a similar problem, Spotify will shut down my whole computer however, very annoying.  I am running OS X 10.9 (the most recent mavericks upgrade).  I haven't been able to find that Library file to get started with a clean reinstall.  Can you help?

Hi morsenm, welcome to the Community! 

Any luck finding the correct folders to reinstall? It's likely that carrying out this process will stop the issue occurring. 

If you're having trouble finding the Library, open your Finder > Click Go on the top Menu (At the top of your screen when Finder is open) > Hold Alt to reveal Library.

You can then carry out the normal steps to perform the clean reinstallation.

Let us know how you get on with this. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

What version of OS X are you using? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Im having the same problem. I have "Get Lucky" on a playlist and everytime I click that song to play Spotify shuts down after the song is finished. Im running Mac Os X 10.6.8 on a late 2007 mac book pro. I love spotify but this has been happening pretty frequently and its getting pretty annoying.

@samuraiedgar wrote:

Im having the same problem. I have "Get Lucky" on a playlist and everytime I click that song to play Spotify shuts down after the song is finished. Im running Mac Os X 10.6.8 on a late 2007 mac book pro. I love spotify but this has been happening pretty frequently and its getting pretty annoying.

Strange, does a clean reinstallation make any difference? 

Peter

Peter

Yeah I have tried to reinstall it twice now and it still doenst work. I can download the installer but when it tries to open the application it just freezes.  

Can you try disconnecting from the internet and then see if the application will open? 

Peter

Peter

So it seems to be working now but I will update if it crashes again. Actually installing the program was a pain in the ass. i would have disconnect and connect my wifi multiple times. Bascially it would freeze and i would disconnect then it would need the internet to log in and I would have to connect. Then it would freeze again. 

I am having a similar problem, Spotify will shut down my whole computer however, very annoying.  I am running OS X 10.9 (the most recent mavericks upgrade).  I haven't been able to find that Library file to get started with a clean reinstall.  Can you help?

@morsenm - Does Spotify crash and then your computer turns off? 

Peter

Peter

the playback stops, then the computer crashes

Marked as solution

@morsenm wrote:

Hi morsenm, welcome to the Community! 

Any luck finding the correct folders to reinstall? It's likely that carrying out this process will stop the issue occurring. 

If you're having trouble finding the Library, open your Finder > Click Go on the top Menu (At the top of your screen when Finder is open) > Hold Alt to reveal Library.

You can then carry out the normal steps to perform the clean reinstallation.

Let us know how you get on with this. 

___

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Thanks Greg,

I'm pretty sure I got a fresh copy of Spotify running now.  If there are anymore difficulties I will contact.

Thanks Again,

morsenm

@morsenm wrote:

Thanks Greg,

I'm pretty sure I got a fresh copy of Spotify running now.  If there are anymore difficulties I will contact.

Thanks Again,

morsenm

Awesome! 

Keep us posted 🙂

___

Spotify is shutting down over and over whenever it opens within 10 seconds. I have attempted the clean reinstallation numerous times and have the current, updated file for spotify yet in following the reinstallation steps I cannot find the requisite cache folders nor the com.spotify.Client. It is very frustrating to be paying a premium price for a defective product. Any clues as to why these steps cannot be followed on my Mac and no other resolution proffered?

Are you connecting via a proxy at all?

Peter

Suggested posts