Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify signup screwed up, CS has no interest in helping

Spotify signup screwed up, CS has no interest in helping

I'm posting this for a friend of mine, whom I was helping to set up a Spotify Premium account to use with her new Gramofon. First step, download the Spotify App on her Android device and subscribe, right?

Normally this is easy; click 'Sign up with Facebook' , authorize Spotify and we should be good to go. Not this time, we did get 'an error occured, try again later'. No problem, we'll try that.

Click sign up again. Now Spotify says, "An account with e-mail xxx@gmail.com alraedy exists". Strange, that went wrong, didn't it?

No problem, then we'll just login. Now we get the same error "An account with e-mail xxx@gmail.com alraedy exists". Strange, I clicked login, not sign up?

So to rule out the Android App we've downloaded the desktop app, tried to login with Facebook, same error. (also tried sign up after that, no joy)

Login in on the website, tried login with Facebook, same error. (also tried sign up after that, no joy)

Password reset: This e-mail is from an Facebook account, reset your password there.

It looks like our account is stuck in Limbo. So I contacted Customer Service for her, but the are not willing to help. See the following message.

If you have a question about Spotify, your first stop should be the Spotify Community http://community.spotify.com/ for support from other users. This is also a great place to read up on any company updates that might affect your service as well as posting your own ideas and feedback.

Then check out our Help pages http://support.spotify.com The FAQs contain solutions to the most common queries and guides on how to use Spotify's features.

You can also now follow or Tweet our Spotify Customer Service Team @Spotifycares for all things Spotify.

We're sure that these solutions will help you with your query. Remember that we'll keep you in the loop on any major service updates via our Twitter:
https://twitter.com/spotifystatus @Spotifystatus

Kind regards,
Spotify Customer Service Team

So here we are! I searched this sub forum, but couldn't find much that could help, only that all these cases where send to CS or that the advice was to contact CS.

If anyone has great suggestions, please! You'll be rewareded with loads of kudo's offcourse. 🙂

For the moderators, her case ID is 02160447, for her e-mail address.

A programmer is a machine that turns coffee into code..
5 Replies

*kick*

Does really no-one care? @SpotifyCares started following me, but no response whatsoever.. 56 views on this topic, numourous moderators that have answered other questions since this post, but also no-one seems to bother to post any reaction?

Hello! Welcome to the community!

Please reply, with your message, directly to this email you received directing you to the community (even if it's no-reply) and an agent should get back to you as soon as possible.

Also, if you have a case number, please post it here.

Thanks for your reply Rodrigo. The case number was in the first post 😉

It's  02160447

Sorry, I missed it .-.

I've already escalated this issue for you, just make sure you reply directly to that email as I stated on the previous post and an agent will get in touch as soon as possible.

No problem, thank you!

Suggested posts