Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing music after everg track

Spotify stops playing music after everg track

After a recent update of my app, Spotify stops playing a song after everg track. So my phone has to remain with the screen lit up for it to continue to play. But if its on the lock screen it wont continue to play after a song is finished. It also does that when my phone is charged. Please fix ,its really annoying having to unlock my phone every time i want to change the song or hit next to play next song.
12 Replies

Hey @Palencia14! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Best thing to try here is a reinstall. Just follow the steps at http://spoti.fi/1mOyiE1

Let us know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Thank you for replying but I already tried that and still nothing, I even tried it just now and nothing. I just signed uo for premium but will cancel if this problem isnt fixed 😞 I love spotify, hope there is a solution.
Thank you

@Palencia14

It would be great if you could give us these details:

1. Exact Device (e.g. iPhone 5S)

2. Exact operating system (e.g. iOS 8.3)

3. Spotify app version installed (2.2.0)

Peace

Galaxy S6
SM-G920P
Version 5.0.0.9.5.6

Hope this is the correct info you need.
Thanks!

@Palencia14

I've escalated your issue to the support.

I will reply with help on this thread soon. ^^

Peace

@Palencia14

Try to enable crossfade in the settings.

This might help you. ^^

Peace

Ive triee that already, trust me I tried messing with everything in the settings of spotify and as well as my phone settings but nothing seems to fix the issue. Ever since the update it has been acting up. Unfortunately I will cancel my student premium because I dont want to pay for something that doesn't work.

Hey @Palencia14! ^^

Are you still having issues? 

Peace

Yes, unfortunately I am. I havent had the chance to cancel my premium
account. Its really frustrating and disappointing at the same time.

Melissa

I'm having the same problem. I pay for Premium, as well, and have tried reaching out through the Google Play store and through email but i have head nothing back on how to fix the issue. This has been a problem for about a month.

1. Samsug Galaxy S6

2. Android version 6.0.1

3. Spotify version 5.2.0.885

I experience the same problem. Is it possible to degrade to a previous version on a mobile device?

I've tried it but it didn't work. The problem still remain.

Suggested posts